Chapter Thirty Nine: You Just Saved my Life

Start from the beginning

"I have a plan. To stop all this," I tell him.

He punches me right in the stomach. I step back a little in shock. "Shut up!"

"I'm just trying to say there is a better way," I say to him.

The second punch I had sort of expected it so I took it better. "Listen to me. I've faced countless of aliens before. I can stop these ones too. I just can't do it on my own. I need some help that's all," I say to him.

"You being serious?"

"Of course. Why would I lie about something like this? I wouldn't give false help or less I knew it was possible."

"Hmm I don't know. I've been trying to rank up but yet I still not managed to kill yet. Only so far you can go before you have to kill," he whispers.

"You don't have to kill. None of us do. We can stop this if we work together," I smile at him.

"You sure? Your not tricking me? Your not going to strike me with me off guard and kill me with that sword?"

"No way. This thing I just got and I will not use it. I need you to know that."

"Alright...what is your plan then? Do you think we can get more on board?"

"I hope so and I'll let you know as soon as I figure out the details."

A row of arrows hit the tree behind us. "Oh no," the kid says scared.

"I'm Luke by the way," I introduce myself.

"Matt," he tells me as I grab his hand and pull him away as more arrows come.

"Keep running get in front of me," I tell him as he sprints ahead of me. I stop two on coming arrows pulling out my sword and cutting them in half. "Don't have to kill with it but sure can try stop getting killed if its arrows," I inform Matt.

"I agree," he shouts to me still in front of me.

We continue to run through the trees knowing we can only run for so long. "Do you know anywhere we can lose them?" I ask Matt.

"I don't know. Couple good spots but not close by," he tells me as we slow ever so slightly not having a clue what to do next.

"I'm not good at this type of stuff. I'm good at hacking into systems or spaceships or logical answers and remembering everything I see. I've never been much good at this," I say slowly.

"Me either. I know how to play games but this is real life and those are real arrows. Punching you was just me trying to survive. I don't really know who I am anymore," he says sadly.

"Don't worry. We will get back to Earth. Just trust me," I smile at him as we stop behind a tree to catch our breath.

"Come out! Come out and fight Luke!"

I look to Matt. "How they know your name?"

"I have no idea," I say just as confused as he is. How do they know my name? I'm confused.

"Get out here now or I'll come and get you and your loser friend!"

"Stay here Matt. I need to figure out what they want or how they know my name," I say to him.

"Luke no," Matt goes to say.

"I'll be alright," I tell him before I step out from behind the tree and head into the small clearing.

My mouth drops open at the sight of her. It can't be! She can't be here. Will this girl ever just stop taunting me or turning up. I can't believe Lucy is here.