Chapter 23

ily all I really do. all of you are so nice aww.

when I have finished this I am going to take one day to edit the whole thing so it makes sense as many of you have pointed out mistakes that I will change later so if there are any more mistakes please let me know. fanks frens (I class you all as my frens)

ALSO I UPDATED LIKE 4 DAYS AGO AND I HAD 5K AND IM UPDATING NOW AND I HAVE FRICKEN 5.6K WE WENT UP 600 READS IN 4 DAYS GUYSSSSSSSSS.

okay ill stop now ill just fangirl in a corner. okay? okay.

Adopted by Phan

Chapter 23

Summer's POV

I picked up Jace's bag that he used for meds and clothes while he went off to collect his other medication that he had to take. He had to go to therapy for his self harm (which we found out when the doctor first inspected his bruises) and trauma he might've had while being abused.

Dan and Phil had decided to definitely go through with the adoption of Jace and they are now the legal guardians of Jace. He will have to share my room until they can get the spare room thoroughly decorated and furnished.

Our parents were waiting outside with an awaiting taxi. I placed the luggage into the boot of the car and climbed inside with Jace next to me.

'So when're we at the court?' He asked me leaning his head on my shoulder.

'Tomorrow, you should be okay though. There should be enough evidence to prove her guilty,'

He grunted a small 'hmm' before closing his eyes.

'Come on, wake up you two,' Dan shook mine and Jace's shoulders lightly 'We're home,'

We both grunted in unison.

'Also are you two sure about sharing a bed, if needby me and Phil could take the sofa and Jace could have his own bed,'

'No, its okay, we'll be fine,' Jace looked at me and smiled and I nodded

'Yeah, as long as he doesn't snore,' I chuckled as I saw Jace roll his eyes while smiling.

We all got settled inside, Dan and Phil cooking dinner while me and Jace got his things sorted in our room.

'Are you sure I'm going to be okay?' He asked me one everything was settled.

'Jace you need to stop worrying, you'll be fin-'

'GUYS DINNER,' Phil shouted from the kitchen.

'As I was saying,' I laughed slightly 'You'll be fine with us around okay? Come on then lets go,'

I pulled Jace up with me us both nearly tumbling, a giggling mess by the time we reached the kitchen.

I woke to my alarm at 7:30 with half of Jace's body sprawled over my own. I pushed him off me, accidentally pushing too hard, causing him to fall off the bed.

'Twatnobmotherfuckingducksonmyass,' He cursed as he reached the floor.

'Come on lazy ass, we have to be up,' I rubbed my eyes climbing out of bed. 'Do you want to shower first or me?'

'Nah you go first, I'll finish unpacking for the meantime,' Jace got up and grabbed his last suitcase

I nodded making my way to the shower.

We were all ready by 8:57 to be exact, the trial was at 10 but we had to be there by 9:45. Dan, Jace and Phil had simple black skinny jeans with a white shirt and black blazer. I had a dark purple, thigh length dress with black heels and my hair was curled.

We set off into a taxi that was outside the building. It was only an half an hour drive so we arrived at 9:40 from the stop to get petrol.

We climbed out and Jace quickly grabbed my hand, his palm was very sweaty. I mouthed 'it's okay' to him and smiled reassuringly while walking in.

We were all in out places by 10, on our row was; me, Jace, Dan, Phil, the police officer Ezra, th doctor that treated Jace and his lawyer Jaiden. On the other was Jace's mum, her lawyer and two police officers.

'We are here for the actions that have been brought to us by the fellow police officers, so firstly, Jace Hartman, would you come to the side of me,'

Jace stood up shakily and made his way.

'So, young man, what is your take on this,'

'My mum,' He directed to his mother who was shooting daggers at Jace 'Has been abusing me for the last 4 or 5 years since my Dad committed suicide ever since I came out as gay,'

'Do you have any evidence to support this?' The judge asked.

'I have texts on my phone and the bruises were photographed while I was in a coma by the hospital,' He passed him his phone on his mums contact and the doctors came up to give the judge the file that held the photographs.

'Ah, thank you, Jace you can go back now,' He gave Jace his phone back and looked at the files for a few minutes before he spoke again 'Mrs Hartman what is your take on this,'

She stood up 'I would never hurt my baby boy,' She raised the tissue to her eyes to wipe fake tears.

I couldn't help but stand up 'THAT IS BULLSHIT, UTTER BULLSHIT. YOU PUT JACE IN A FUCKING COMA FOR CHRIST SAKE. I HAVE SEEN HIS PHONE WHEN YOU'VE TEXTED HIM AND I'VE BEEN TO HIS HOUSE. SO THERE'S NO DENYING IT YOU TW-'

'SILENCE!' The judge banged his hammer. 'Summer Howell-Lester Green, what do you mean by 'you've seen these'

'Well,' I smoothed my dress 'Sorry about a minute ago by the way. Basically, I've seen his mum send texts while he's at my house and he always seemed scared to go on home but the thought never came across until he told me his mum beat the crap out of him and put him in a coma,'

'Mrs Hartman?' The judge asked.

She threw the tissue on the floor 'He's gay, it's a sin! It isn't normal!'

He banged his hammer 'Rosetta Hartman you are sentenced with a minimum of 30 years, case closed.

'What?' She screamed and the police officers grabbed her, taking her away while Jace jumped up and hugged me.

'I told you you'll be fine Jace didn't I?' I whispered in his ear 'I told you,'