Chapter 21

I am officially so happy. Comments like these ^^ on random stories that have been replied to mine make me honestly extremely god damn fucking happy. Like, it's just being acknowledged and people actually enjoy the crap I produce I just love you all.

I'm gonna tag them because they're very special lester-is-bester so I love you.

Also, IT'S TOO HOT IN BRITAIN LEGIT RIGHT NOW IT IS 30*C IM DYINGG HELP MEEE

Also, also, sorry this is shorter than usual it's just a filler sort of I am extremely tired but I still wanted to update :)

I will get on with the story now yay

Adopted by Phan

Chapter 21

Summer's P.O.V

The rest of counselling wasn't too bad, although, some of the techniques we were taught seemed pretty useless, like this paired up yoga thing. We had to get into partners, hold hands and bend our bodies in a way. I ended up doing it with Jackie.

Jackie was actually really nice and cool. She is 8 months older than me, born in Ireland and again, is legitimately awesome. It's tragic what happened between her and her ex girlfriend - Maddison. We exchanged phone numbers earlier to stay in touch.

'I'll see you next week Sum,' Jackie smiled before walking out.

'Bye Jack,' I replied, smiling.

Dan and Phil were in the waiting room, waiting for me, holding costa coffees'.

Phil handed me one 'Good session?'

'Was okay I guess,' I shrugged and gladly took the coffee.

We were in the taxi on the way home when I got a text.

The Jack-Mister: Hey Summer, it's Jackie if you didn't know. I was wondering if you wanted to meet up  tomorrow at some point? x

'Hey guys,' I looked up from my phone 'Can I go out with Jackie tomorrow?'

'Yeah sure, as long as you're back by 6, it's Chinese night and you have school the next day,' Dan replied and I internally groaned, about the school part of course, not the Chinese.

'Yeah, okay,' I texted Jackie back.

Me: Yeah sure, what time and Starbucks maybe? x

I hit send and put my phone back into my pocket.

We arrived home a short while later and Dan's phone started ringing.

'Hello?' He answered and mine and Phil's heads clicked towards him.

'Speaking,'

After that word the rest of the world seemed silent, the only noises coming from Dan's cell and Dan.

'Right thank you, we'll be there right away,'

He ended the phone and turned to us 'We're off to the hospital, babe can you call a taxi?'

'Yeah of course,'

The whole time they both were rushing, I was stood in silence trying to comprehend all the possible outcomes of that phone call. It was obviously Jace but he wouldn't die. Would he? No, I'm positive.

'Summer?' Phil placed a hand on my shoulder

I was too engaged in my own thoughts that I didn't notice Dan or Phil trying to reach out to me.

'Summer?' They said in unison, Phil shaking me slightly.

That's when I snapped back into reality.

'Sorry, zoned out,' I smiled weakly. 'Lets go then?'

We climbed into the awaiting taxi, myself sandwiched in between my parents. Phil placed his hand on my knee reassuringly and I snuggled into the crook of his armpit  for the drive. I looked over at Dan who was wobbling his knee nervously, playing Crossy Road, cursing every time he got hit.

The drive in the taxi seemed to linger for too long, the small space seemed to get smaller at every meter we went. My breathing hitched and quickened in pace.

Breathe Summer, just breathe, you'll be okay I thought to myself, and tried to steady my breathing, it worked but slowly.

The vast building was approaching in the distance and I immediately became calmer. I'd be seeing Jace and he will be okay.

We entered Jaces' room slowly, peering in at first. He was still in his coma by the looks of it.

We sat by his bed and grabbed hold of his hand, which wasn't in the same position as the last time we visited which was weird, probably when the nurses examined him.

The silence was deafening but relieving at the same time and I was thankful for that. The only time it broke was when two nurses and a police officer walked in, I didn't recognise any of them.

'Hello, my name's Ezra, I was wondering if we could have a chat outside the room, you three, if that's okay with you of course,'

We all looked at each other and nodded, following Ezra outside.

'So, we know how Jace is in this condition. His mother has to be found abusing him, for quite a while. We had to look through his phone of course to find evidence and there is plenty to arrest this woman straight away, currently she is in interrogation pleading innocent so we need to take this to court. You three will have to state if you know anything,'

'I knew something, well, had an idea,' I mumbled

'Ah good, so do you think we could arrange for you to speak to on Monday if that works?' He asked.

'She can't do Mondays or Thursdays as she has therapy but would Tuesday work?' Dan replied.

'Ah yes!' Ezra waved his hands slightly 'The court settlement will be on Friday, 12:30 PM, I will send a letter to your house if you just fill out these forms,' He handed them to Phil.

'Sum, can me and Dan fill out these and you stay in the room and watch out for Jace?' Phil asked me.

'Yeah, yeah that's fine,' I smiled, making, my way back into the room.

The two nurses were still there and one spoke to me when I walked in.

'Are you for Jace?' She had a French accent and I nodded. 'Ah yes, we have a few things to inform you on, Jace could wake up any day now. His injuries are clearing up well, but he will have to stay in for a few days to keep an eye on him,'

The other nurse beamed 'We shall leave you alone now, come along Aurore,'

There was a stir coming from the bed behind us, all our heads whipped round in unison. Jace's head had turned and his hand was now on his stomach instead of laying by his side.

'Oh!' Aurore cried.

'Jace?' I whispered under my breath.

Jace?' I said a little louder.

His eyes fluttered open, he is alive, he's going to be okay.