Chapter 56 - No Fairytale. **FINALE**

Noah's eyes widened as Tracy walked into the room with a tray of surgery items. As two more doctors came in, Tracy smiled and winked at Noah.

"I didn't know that you had a twin brother, Noah." Tracy chuckled.

"But........but how did Isaiah get to donate so early?" Noah gasped. "It takes at least 2 days to-"

"I already warned them 'bout it the minute you called me and told me that you needed it." Isaiah smiled. "Don't worry about it."

As the doctor lathered Isaiah's groin area up, Noah smiled over at him.

"Thanks, Isaiah."

"Don't worry 'bout it." Isaiah grinned, smiling back at Noah. "Family first, right?"

Tracy smiled and pulled the blue curtain in front of Isaiah.

The next day, the surgery was over.

When Noah woke up in the daytime, he saw Isaiah asleep on his bed. He had on a breathing mask and two large blankets on his lower half. Tracy peeked inside of the room, giving Noah a serious look.

"He's been asleep since the surgery." Tracy sighed, grinning at him. "Your brother is really brave for doing this for you."

"Yeah." Noah nodded. "I'm more than grateful."

"Well, we're gonna start your surgery in an hour or so to transfer this marrow into the cancerous cells, blocking them completely." Tracy nodded. "During recovery at home, we're gonna have a transplant team help you guys with certain things like peeing, sitting down, using the bathroom, etc."

"How long will recovery take?"

"A full recovery takes 3 months."

That news wasn't anything compared to the news that he could possibly die the other day. Noah nodded his head, smiling up at her.

"I'm all for it."

And within an hour, Noah's surgery was underway. Overall, the process took Isaiah two weeks to prepare for. He had to get a doctors note, see a physician, prepare his body for this, etc. After the long surgery, it was going to take a while for Isaiah and Noah to recover. Over the course of the next two days, both Noah and Isaiah managed to wake up, but they couldn't move anywhere. The only people they told about the surgery was me, Asha, Lily, and Aunt Shay. Unfortunately, they had no clue that I was back down in DC, so I couldn't see them. Anyway, after the long family hours, a weak Noah slowly reached over to the phone to call his client from the other room. It was the same client he laughed at for not being able to perform.

"Hey Frank?" Noah said in a confused tone. "Why hasn't Denzel been answering his phone?"

Frank paused, glancing down.

"Denzel passed, Noah."

Noah's eyes widened in disbelief. His mouth dropped as he laid back in his pillow, barely able to move.

"When?"

"Almost about 4 days ago." Frank sighed as he pulled out a small folded up piece of paper. "Here you go. His wife told me that he wanted me to leave this for you."

Noah's eyes moved to the paper as he grabbed the paper slowly.

"Dear Noah,

Thank you for being such an amazing doctor! I gained the most respect for you in a short amount of time, but I wanted to tell you that you were an amazing doctor! Unfortunately, we couldn't have our last conversation together because I knew that my cancer spread too far, so I decided to spend my last day with my wife and three kids, then I decided to have bed rest. If you have a family, take care of them. Because one day, they'll be your bread and butter. Also, I forgive you for laughing at me not being able to perform for her. Even though you laughed, I could tell that you still had a great heartJust a couple days ago, I told her to find another man who would treat my daughters right. My wife is strong, and I told her that you guys took great care of me and made sure that I was alright. I'll make sure that I tell God himself to give you a blessing to beat that cancer.