Chapter 50 - "Gun cocked, gunshot!"

Out of everyone, Isaiah took this news the hardest. That was expected, however. Noah was his brother. As Isaiah stared blankly off into space, Carlos glanced at him and placed his right hand onto his shoulder.

"Aye, you aight 'Saiah?" Carlos asked.

Isaiah didn't say anything. Asha shook her head and snatched a blunt off of the table, lighting it, then rocking back and forth as she kept her fingers in her hair.

"Why didn't he tell me?" Asha whispered to herself.

"Nah fuck that! Why didn't ain't tell me?" Isaiah chanted. "I'm his brotha!"

Asha glanced up at Isaiah, taking another puff of her smoke and blowing it out.

"That still doesn't give him a right to put his hands on me, that still doesn't give him a right to alienate me from my daughter and that STILL doesn't give him a right to run all over me like he did." Asha growled. "He will not get sympathy for the shit he's done to me just because of some fucking cancer."

"Shit he ain't gettin' no sympathy from me no way." Q growled. "I ain't about to change up just cause he got cancer. That's fake as hell. And I ain't fake...."

Q lit up his blunt, blowing his smoke out.

"Shiet I'm just wondering if it's gone be a round two." Stacey laughed.

"Only if he start it." Q growled.

"Nah, y'all should plan another o-"

Suddenly, someone punched Stacey off of the back of the couch, knocking him over and knocking him unconscious. It was Isaiah. He flexed his fingers and stood over him as Carlos jumped up.

"What the hell, Isaiah?" Carlos yelled.

"I done had enough of y'all talkin' shit about my brother!" Isaiah barked. "The next person to say some shit about him gettin' they fronts knocked out. Real shit!"

"Alright cool out, Isaiah. Damn! Ain't nobody gone say no shit 'bout yo brother no mo!" Carlos growled. "You knocked Stacey out cold!"

"Nah nah nah, I will." Q said, giving Isaiah a blank stare.

Isaiah clenched his teeth together, giving Q a serious look.

"Q, you better not."

"You only stickin' up fo him because he got cancer, Isaiah." Q scoffed. "Where was you when I was talkin' shit about him on the phone?"

"Q..." Isaiah growled, looking to the side.

"Where was you when we got into that altercation?"

"Q."

"Where was you when I was whoopin' yo brothers ass in the parking lot?"

As Isaiah leaned over Carlos's shoulder to grab Q, Q snatched out his pistol and pointed it to Isaiah's head. It was at this moment that everyone froze. Never has anyone in their clique pulled a gun on one another. They vowed not to. But that vow was broken today. Carlos's eyes widened as he placed his hand on Q's chest.

"Q, put the gun down man." Carlos said in a proper tone, indicating that he was worried. "You actin' out of impulse right na-"

"No Isaiah gone listen to what the fuck I gotta say today. You gone do it, Isaiah!" Q yelled. "I dare you to reach fo' that pistol in yo' pocket because I'll blow yo' head off before you can lay a finger on that bitch!"

Isaiah didn't show that he had any emotion in the moment, but he never thought in a million years that Q would ever pull a gun on him. This indicated that the friendship between the 5 was getting at its wits end.