Chapter 42 - ?

By the look on Kathy's face, I could tell that she wasn't in the mood to hear it. She glanced to the side and stared blankly at the wall, then turned back to me.

"What happened now, Josh?" Kathy asked me.

"My family is going through some really tough shit right now." I mumbled.

I glanced down at my twiddling fingers, sighing afterwards.

"My aunt is hovering between life and death and my cousin sprung out about it. The twin brother of Isaiah." I groaned, scratching my head. "Basically Isaiah need me to help him get back on track with Kayson, Tyler, his brother, all of that...."

Kathy glanced at me, then placed a smile on her face.

"Okay." Kathy smiled.

My eyes widened as I turned to her and gave her a serious look.

"That's it?" I gasped.

"Yeah. I understand." Kathy nodded. "This is a serious situation, and I would never try to keep you away from your family."

"Well, what about last time?"

"Last time was stupid, Josh. You just wanted to stay here just to stay here." Kathy groaned. "This time, your family needs you. That's more important than anything."

I was so happy she finally understood. Still, I wasn't sure if I was staying there just yet. It would all ride on what happened to Aunt Shay and if she came out alright.

The next day, Isaiah drove Kayson to school. Tyler did it sometimes, but her morning sickness kept her from doing anything. She was now 2 months pregnant. Since today was the day that the cops said that they could clear Kayson out and put him back in, Isaiah figured that he could drop him off there at school. When Isaiah dropped him off at the door of his classroom, Mrs. Allen stepped out into the hall and gave Isaiah a blank look.

"I'm here to drop my son off." Isaiah sighed as he looked down at Kayson. "You be good, Kays-"

"Actually, I can't let you do that." The teacher sighed.

Isaiah scrunched his eyebrows at her, giving her a funny look.

"Why not?" Isaiah snarled.

"Because I've had him removed from the class."

"Come on, nah!" Isaiah growled. "That shit was a week ago-"

"He never behaves, curses like a sailor, and the students in my class are afraid of him because of his violent temper." Mrs. Allen growled. "He's going to have to be moved to a different class. Sorry."

As Mrs. Allen shut the door, Kayson teared up and looked up at Isaiah. Isaiah crouched down and hugged his son, listening to Kayson sniff and wipe his tears on his shoulder.

"Why dey don't like me?" Kayson cried in a low tone.

"Because they don't deserve nobody as special as you, Kays." Isaiah said as he grabbed Kayson's hand. "Come on, lil man. We'll take you somewhere else."

I have no clue why Isaiah was putting the blame on the teachers when it was his fault that Kayson acted the way he did.

Meanwhile, Aunt Shay was still fighting. She'd managed to awake again. The doctors took the bullet out of her upper chest, but they had one more to take out. The one that was a little lodged in the left side of her neck. Of course, Noah was taking care of her. That's how he wanted it to be. As it cleaned her area around, Aunt Shay opened her eyes halfway and glanced up at him.