Chapter 39 - Wake Up.

The next day, Isaiah made his way over to Schaefer. When he pulled near the area, he seen Brenda sitting on the corner with a blanket over her shoulders. He scrunched his eyebrows at her, pulling next to her and parking before getting out of the car.

"Aye." Isaiah said, shutting the door. "Ain't you the chick that was over Q's house the other day?"

Brenda shook as the winds blew onto her, looking up at him.

"Isaiah, I need a place to stay." Brenda said in a shaky tone.

Isaiah didn't know the girl. He gave her a weird look, laughing a little.

"You askin' me to move you in and 'ion even know you?" Isaiah laughed.

Brenda gave him a faded look.

"I......"

She didn't tell him about how she was his sister. She sighed and went back to cradling her shoulders, looking away.

"Nevermind."

"Here." Isaiah groaned as he got back into his car. "Let me see if 'Los can let you stay at his crib."

As Isaiah drove into the area, he pulled in front of Carlos's house. Everyone was standing out on the porch. As Isaiah got out, Stacey and Q rushed up to him.

"Aye aye 'Saiah! Guess what?" Q and Stacey gasped. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"Yo' mama was seein' that nigga Damon days before she was shot?" Stacey scoffed.

Isaiah scrunched his eyebrows, remembering that that was his father.

"What?!" Isaiah gasped.

"We think he might have somethin' to do wit it." Q growled. "He keep on stoppin' by the house and shit."

Isaiah turned around, placing his hands on the side of his head.

"Why y'all ain't tell me dat shit?" Isaiah asked.

"We only told you dat because we had some real shit dat we needed to tell you." Carlos said, stepping off the porch and giving Isaiah a serious look. "You know that Brenda girl? The girl that I brought over the other day?"

"Yeah!" Isaiah said, pointing his thumb behind himself. "She was just sittin' on the corner."

"That's Damon's daughter!" Stacey, Q, and Carlos said at the same time.

Isaiah's eyes widened. He turned away with his mouth creaked open, gazing in shock.

"That's my.........sister?" Isaiah gasped.

"Yeah!" All three of them chanted.

Without warning, Isaiah jumped into his car and raced outside of the small area. When he pulled to the corner, Brenda was gone. He got out and looked around the homes for 5 minutes, but she was nowhere to be found.

"Fuck." Isaiah panted as he looked around. "Where is she?"

When Isaiah's alarm went off, that meant that he had to be at the homeless shelter. He sighed and stopped his efforts of searching for Brenda, having to go to his new job.

When the evening came about, Isaiah decided to come back over to Carlos's while Tyler watched over Kayson. When he walked inside of Carlos's home, he seen Noah inside as well. He had his feet kicked back on the table, smoking a blunt with Q, Stacey, and Carlos himself. Me on the other hand didn't smoke, so I just chilled with them and watched TV. Isaiah scrunched his eyebrows at Noah, walking in and shutting the door.