Chapter 10 - "The right thing to do.."

As everyone started to leave Carlos's house in the morning, we planned to go eat breakfast at a local Coney Island that was around the corner. When we turned, we seen that Asha was sitting on the porch. She was twiddling her fingers, glancing sadly down at the ground.

"Aye Ash, you comin'?" Isaiah asked as he hung out of the passenger side seat.

"No." Asha said in a low tone. "I'm gonna-"

"WHAT?"

Asha sighed and looked up.

"I'm just gonna stay here!" Asha said in a louder tone as me, Carlos, and the others boarded the van.

"And what about you, Noah?" I asked as I looked out of the window.

"No thanks." Noah said as he shook his head. "I'm gonna go head back to the house to sizzle down this headache."

After that, we all shut our doors and pulled off. Noah fixed his outfit and looked at Asha, then started making his way home. As he began to walk, he noticed that Asha wasn't moving. She just sat there, looking off into space.

"You comfortable with staying here by yourself?" Noah asked, scrunching his eyebrows at her.

"I'm fine."

Noah glanced at her for a few seconds, then turned around and walked her way. He scoffed and folded his arms, giving her a funny look.

"Alright, what's wrong?" Noah snarled. "You mad at me for shutting you out?"

Asha looked up at Noah, then looked back ahead of her.

"I'm fine." Asha lied. "Honest."

Noah sat down on the lower step and tilted his head at her, not believing what she said.

"You said you been needing someone to talk to." Noah said. "Talk."

Asha looked down, placing her cheeks on the ends of her hands.

"I heard what you guys said about me." Asha said in a low tone. "I hear what you guys say all of the time."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on, Noah." Asha scowled lowly as she slumped her shoulders and gave him a dumbfounded look. "I heard you talking about how you thought I gave you some disease in the bathroom."

Noah looked away, twiddling with one of the leaves that sat by one of the bushes by Carlos's house.

"I hear what the guys say about me all the time. They talk about how I'm not a slut, how good I can suck, or how much I fuck." Asha continued. "But what I'm trying to understand is how me being a prostitute makes me any less of a regular woman. As long as I'm dickless, bleed every month and have tits, then that's enough to prove so."

"Asha, what you aren't understanding is that you can get diseases like that." Noah snarled. "You don't know what any of those men got."

"But I don't have a single trace of a disease. Not HIV, herpes, aids, none of that." Asha scowled. "You don't think that I know how to detect that shit when I see it?"

Noah chuckled a little as Asha smiled and shook her head.

"I've been in the prostitution business since I was 14. That's 4 years!" Asha giggled. "I know a disease on a dick when I see it."

As Noah and Asha laughed a little bit more, she placed her hands out and opened them.

"You don't have to keep on shutting me down and shoving me aside just because I'm a prostitute. You don't have to degrade me for it, either." Asha said as she turned to Noah. "Even if you don't wanna date, I could still be a good friend."