Chapter 54 - More than Ever.

I didn't know what my first reaction was, but it was anything but happy or accommodating. I was furious. I watched as Kathy lifted up in the bed, giving me a blank look as the man lifted up as well. He stared blankly at me, then looked at Kathy.

"My god..." Kathy sighed to herself, closing her eyes.

"What the hell is this?" I snapped.

"Kathy, you had a man this whole ti-"

"Woah woah woah, don't act like you didn't fuckin' know!" I barked, giving the man a look of rage. "You see them pictures of us out on the damn banister!"

I was so heated that the heat from my nostrils were burning my upper lip. I closed my eyes, balling my fists and taking a deep breath.

"You got five seconds to get out of my bed." I said, talking to the man and keeping my eyes closed.

The man wrestled on his shirt and sprinted out of the room. As the front door to our apartment shut, I glanced at Kathy as she looked away. She was fully clothed, so that let me know that they didn't have sex.

"Start explaining right now, Kathy." I growled. "Because I could have you kicked out of this damn apartmen-"

"I pay half the rent to this place and where you work wouldn't be able to pay a quarter of this apartment so you'd be out on the streets too." Kathy interrupted, giving me a serious look. "I suggest that you don't do that."

Damnit. She was right. I hated when Kathy proved me wrong, but she was correct.

"I want an explanation and I want it now." I growled, trying to act like I wasn't phased by what she said.

Kathy looked away, shaking her head.

"Ever since you went back to Cali, you've become a different person." Kathy sighed. "You rarely spend time with me anymore."

"So that's it?" I snarled. "It's okay to cheat on me because I'm helping my fucking family members?"

"What the hell do you mean "that's it?", Josh? You. don't. spend. any. time. with. me!" Kathy snarled. "That's enough of a fucking explanation!"

"So why the hell didn't you tell me?!" I snapped, jolting up and giving her an evil look. "That makes it alright to cheat on the damn bed we share?"

"I shouldn't have to tell you that shit, Josh!" Kathy growled. "You're a big boy and you're old enough to understand what the hell is wrong in this relationship!"

I don't care what she said. Nothing gave her the right to cheat. As I plopped down onto the couch, I watched Kathy stand up and fold her arms.

"You helping your family shouldn't affect us in any sort of way!" Kathy snarled. "You should still check up on me? Make sure I'm doing alright! Answer my damn calls every once in a fucking while! It's not that hard to do when you're not in Schafer for two seconds!"

I shook my head, bowing it down at the floor.

"So how many men have you cheated on me with, Kathy?"

"I didn't cheat on you once. And the only man I've been with was him." Kathy growled. "We've never had sex. All we've done was kissed."

I didn't believe her. At all.

"Yeah okay, Kath."

"I don't want to leave you Josh, but if you don't want to help carry this relationship out for the better, then I'm afraid I'm gonna have to find happiness elsewhere." Kathy growled as she walked out of the room. "Think about that."

What the hell was happening in my life? Kathy was right all along. I shouldn't have taken that trip to Cali. Ever since I went there, all hell has been breaking loose. I was balancing and struggling supporting my family, taking too many work hours off, and trying to make shit spark back up with my girl.