Chapter 5 - Twist.

Once Noah took the stand, he took it by storm. He didn't sugarcoat anything, he just dived right in.

"First things first, detective Fosters and detective Sayers haven't presented a single trace of solid evidence. No DNA samples, no solid eyewitness accounts, nothing." Noah said, shaking his head. "All of their evidence is circumstantial and all of it wasn't anything that points directly to my client and brother, Isaiah."

Noah stepped up to the podium and turned to Detective Fosters, giving him a sharp and fearless look.

"Detective Fosters, can you come up to the stand please?" Noah asked.

I could tell that detective Fosters was scared shitless. His cocky demeanor and posture appeared slumped as he fixed his tie and placed his hand on the bible, swearing to the judge. He sat down in his seat and sniffed, watching Noah approach him.

"When you arrived to the crime scene, how did you find Isaiah?" Noah asked.

"We found Isaiah crouching down next to Tyler as she bled out." Detective Fosters asked.

"Before you arrested him, did you bother to examine the scene to see if Randy's statement was true?"

"No, and that's because Randy was the one who called the police." Detective Fosters said. "As a procedure, we had to go in and arrest the person he called in on."

"But, if this is a kidnapping and attempted murder charge, why wouldn't you examine the scene and make sure that the caller is telling the truth?"

"Well what we had to do was take Tyler to the hospital-"

"That's not what I asked you. The ambulance took care of her." Noah growled, cutting him off. "I asked WHY you didn't examine the scene the moment you got there instead of going off one statement?"

"Ooohhh hoooooh hooo!" Carlos whispered loudly as we all gave each other a handshake.

"Get in his ass, Noah!" I chanted lowly, watching Aunt Shay's face light up.

"We don't know. We just cleared the scene." Detective Fosters said in a low tone. "We did come back and found stories that supported Randy's story."

"And what is that?"

"We found the bindings and duct tape that bound Randy and Tyler."

"Wait a minute, if the tape bounded Randy, why were there no bruisings on Randy's wrist?" Noah asked. "Why were there bruisings on Isaiah's and Isaiah's only?"

"Well Randy did say that Isaiah remained bound so that he could sway Tyler into thinking that he was a victim as well."

"That makes no sense. So if Isaiah sat down in the basement for 6 days, why wouldn't Randy take this time to escape come to the police while they were downstairs?" Noah asked. 

"This gives you 6 days to escape! Why not just shoot Tyler the second they get there?"

"I don't know, sir."

"Not only that, but if Randy was bound like he said, why wouldn't he have any bruisings on him as well?" Noah continued. "6 days of having duct tape around your wrists and you don't have a single bruising? Seems suspicious, don't you think?"

"Now that you bring it up, yes." Detective Fosters nodded.

"That's the definition of poor police work and slight framing." Noah grinned as he placed his hand out towards his seat. "Detective Fosters, you can be seated."

Detective Fosters got off the stand with the shittiest face ever. God, I wish you guys could've seen it. Anyway, after detective Fosters was seated, Noah called the next detective to the stand.