32•Revelations

As soon as my foot stepped out the door, my wrist was pulled back and I turned around to face a puzzled and irritated Freed.

"What's up with you?" He questioned, sounding a bit angry.

"Nothing!" I tried convincing but failed to do so. He gave me a skeptical look, arching a green eyebrow.

"Trust me. It's nothing. I'm only tired and want to go home. That's all," I shrugged and I had to say my acting skills were improving. But Freed wasn't easily fooled. Had it been Natsu, I would've been able to go home at once. Sadly, the rune mage was now even more eager to know what was wrong.

How could I answer the question when I didn't know the proper reply myself? It was one of those moments when all I felt like doing was curling up under my warm blanket and simply dreaming.

"That is exactly why I'm telling you to stay here. It's been an exhausting day and it's not like your house is gonna disappear tonight. Just go back home tomorrow morning!" He insisted.

Tomorrow? That was too long. I had to figure so much out. My mind was a mess. A huge one. It was tangled up and I couldn't understand a thing at the moment. I needed some time by myself.

But he was also right. It was almost past midnight and in my state, going back home didn't sound like a very good idea. Of course I could always ask Freed to come with me but he too was in a similar condition. I was surprised we made it to his place without freezing to death or falling asleep on the way. Another thing keeping me back were my clothes.

With a sigh, I wriggled my hand out of his hold and shut the door, leaning my back against it.

"Where do I sleep?" I asked him and he gave me smile. A genuine one.

"The carpet and couch won't do," I stated, folding my arms. He rolled his eyes and tucked a few strands of green hair behind his ear. An action that seemed irresistible for me right now. Why did the stupid guy have to do it!? I shook my head and cuffed my hands together with imaginary metal loops.

"My bed is big enough for the two of us," he suggested with a shrug, but the nervousness was clearly visible on his face. His cheeks was a shade warmer- a fiery red, and I could literally hear him gulp. 

"A-alright," I swallowed thickly and hoped my face wasn't a color identical to his. "I mean the couch isn't that bad either. I suppose it'll do for a night-"

"Please, I insist," he begged me with his eyes not fight him on this and I gave a small nod, agreeing. We walked to his room, jerking away when our shoulders touched. I had been blushing so much this past week, I wouldn't be surprised if the crimson shade turned out to be my natural color. 

"Uh-Wh-which side would you prefer?" he asked, his fingers fiddling with a strand of his long green hair, that had escaped the hold of his bun. Now that I actually observed it, the bed did seem to be quite big. Large enough for the two of us. 

"Any will do," I muttered. Why was it so awkward. Constant blushes and stuttering. I wasn't used to this! Why couldn't we just fight like usual or have a silly argument. Couldn't he kick me out of his apartment!?  That would be great for the both of us. I knew he was just as shocked as I was about what had happened earlier.  All we needed was some time to sort it all out! Where does his intelligence run off to when he needs it most?!

He had already taken a seat on one side of the bed and I followed suit. We separated our bodies by creating a pillow barrier and lay down with our backs facing each other. 

The lights were out and my eyes wide open. The sound of a hooting owl was all I could hear, and of course my heavy breaths. I tried controlling my heart beat and my breathing rate but it seemed almost impossible.