6•Return

The top of the guild hall was now in sight from where we stood. According to Laxus we had been taken to the far South-Eastern side of the forest which was a bit further from the woods near Magnolia.

While we were walking I asked him how he found us since he was supposed to be on a quest in another town.

"I finished earlier than I thought I would," he replied with a shrug. I had seen him pick a one week mission to another town a few days back at the guild hall. I didn't know what mission it was, just that it was a couple towns away and payed quite well.

He had finished a one week job in four days and just happened to come across us being held captive. Luck sure was on his side.

"You didn't answer my question," I pointed out. I stared at him until finally he gave in and told me.

"When I was coming back from the job-"

"Through the forest?" I interrupted with a raised eyebrow. He rolled his eyes and said, "Yes, through the forest. It was the fastest way back and I didn't have to spend money on travel." I nodded and gestured for him to proceed with his story. I chose to ignore the fact that an S-class wizard as rich as him would worry about money and let him go on.

He continued, ignoring my interruptions and sent glares my way occasionally. At the end of his adventurous tale I stayed silent, going through the story he had just told me.

On the way back he saw Evergreen being carried by some guy and followed them to the 'cell hallway' (his words). After seeing how we were trapped he came up with a plan that wouldn't involve death and electrocution since they were simple guards following orders (his assumption and he also had enough warnings from Gramps). Which then led him to knocking down a wall, rescuing me from two ugly men, stealing the keys and freeing the Thunder God Tribe. That pretty much summed it up.

I guessed it was the bond he and the trio shared that brought him to them in such a difficult time. He didn't quite like it when I put it that way and scowled at me, which made me realize I had spoken out loud.

Finally we were out of the woods and entered Magnolia. Freed was much better after eating something Laxus had been given for his job- which were fruits and a sandwich- and was now walking on his own.

Bickslow was arguing with Evergreen who complained about her feet hurting while Freed and Laxus were having an intense conversation. I was the only silent one and walked a feet away, not wanting to interfere.

They all begged for Freed's cooking, rubbing their stomachs in hunger. When we reached the busy market they all stated what they wanted for dinner and finally settled on some kind of a steak that the rune mage prepared best apparently.

Not wanting to be the fifth wheel, I decided to separate from them in the market. They were too busy to notice me anyway, so it made leaving easier. I turned around and walked into the noisy crowd, keeping my head down.

I had already caused enough trouble for them. If I hadn't asked them to come then they wouldn't have ever been captured or injured. Although Master Makarov did tell me to take them along with me, it just felt like my fault. I should have gone alone. It was me she wanted anyway. Or at least that's what everyone else thought.

Looking back, I saw Evergreen excitedly pointing at something and Bickslow checking it out too with Laxus peering over his shoulder. Freed was talking to who I assumed was the owner of the shop and collecting the bag from his hand.

Then he surprised me by looking behind him where I was once standing and was about to speak when he saw there was no one present. He turned my way, where I now stood amidst the crowd, with a straight face.

We stared at each other for a couple seconds before I gave him a small smile and waved. He didn't show any emotions and turned away, looking back at the shopkeeper.

I sighed, ignoring the hurtful stab I felt in my heart and turned around, walking back to my apartment on the other side of town. I knew he didn't like me but did he have to be so cold? It made me want to hug a pillow and- No! No way! I wasn't some teenage girl to cry when a guy rejected me! I was a trained wizard- an S-class wizard of Fairy Tail! And it's not like I liked him or anything! He was an annoying weirdo!

I had no time to think about the stupid, irksome green haired mage! Ugh! I hated him! Why was I even thinking of him?

On my way home, I bought a sandwich and a small juice box, for dinner. I had finished eating it by the time I reached my apartment and threw the now empty juice box in the trash can, on the street. I unlocked the main door and pushed it open with one shoulder. My mind was clouded with thoughts of today's events.

I shook my head and pressed the play button on this new rectangular box like thing I had purchased. The guy who sold it said that it played the music that was on the small disc like thing inserted in it. He had given those to me for free- seven discs with the names of songs written according to their order on it.

It already had a disc placed on the top so I tapped the lid close and listened to the soft music play. It was really calming.

After a rough day like today, what I needed was a hot bath! So with the music gently drifting in the background, I filled the tub with water and poured in some fruity smelling liquid which made foamy bubbles form on the surface.

I brought the music player to my bathroom and set it on the top of the counter beside my towels. I stripped out of my dirty clothes and sunk into my bath, wincing as the hot water stung my wounds. After a while, I felt myself relax and felt better.

I decided I would train everyday at the guild until the lady found me or until I went after her. I was going to prepare myself to fight her. She had answers to my questions. And we were yet to have our little talk.

Suddenly Kira popped into my mind. She had seemed so real. I was glad to have met her, even if it was just a dream. My memories of her were getting blurry and what scared me most was that I would forget her face. I hated knowing that. The dream had helped more than I knew it had.

Seeing her again felt like I had finally achieved my goal. I had found her. But sadly, that wasn't true.

In all those years, I had never had a dream like today's. There had to be a connection with that dark guild. I didn't know why, but I just felt so sure of it.

With a sigh I slipped under the water entirely with my eyes shut and thought about today. The image of the rune mage never left my mind. I shook my head and resurfaced, taking in a breath. He was stuck at the back of my mind like an annoying piece of gum. I got out of the tub and wrapped a fluffy towel around me. I would start training tomorrow. And I would most definitely meet her again.

Just as I hit the soft pillow, I threw all my thoughts aside and settled for a dreamless sleep. Great way to end a day as exhausting as this one.   

Keep reading....'cause there's gonna be Freed x reader moments in almost every chapter. Almost. It'll take a while for the romance to blossom. 
Until then...

♡KEEP LOVIN' FREED JUSTINE AND FAIRY TAIL♡

Also....I kinda wanted to know if there were any good websites showing Fairy Tail dubbed in English (all episodes hopefully). 
That's all...
​​​​​​bye.