28•Pranksters

I know most of you don't read author's notes...(sometimes I don't either but please read the one after this chapter if you like Levi)

On to the story....

Her blonde hair was covering her face as she lay on the bed, soft snores escaping her lips. Freed was stiff beside me, our heads below the couch in her apartment.

He kept mouthing words to me with a look of fear in his eyes. Who knew the mighty leader of the Thunder God Tribe was afraid of playing a prank on someone? Or maybe he was just embarrassed to be in a girl's apartment without her knowing about it.

But this stuff was what I did almost every week with Natsu when I was younger. Our favorite target was Gray. Man, he was so gullible sometimes. Although he didn't seem like it.

"Just calm down, will you!" I whispered and gave him a glare to which he pursed his lips and looked at me helplessly.

"She's going to wake up," he muttered nervously. "What if she sees me?" He said to himself again. "She'll think I'm a pervert!" He continued rambling to himself in a whisper.

I gritted my teeth and clenched the end of my shirt in my fist to keep myself from punching him in the face.
"Shut up!" I finally pushed him down on the floor and he stared up at me. "Don't say another word," I said each word slowly and he gulped.

Oh no, he wasn't scared of me. He had simply realized that I was now straddling him behind Lucy's couch. It was an awkward position that made the two of us blush furiously but neither moved.

The blonde celestial wizard suddenly yawned and sat up in her bed. I noticed my head was popping up from behind the couch and bent down to hide completely.

Freed sucked in a breath and placed his palms down to the floor. Thankfully the couch was long enough to cover us up fully. But he wasn't so happy about the height of it.

I had to lean against his body to prevent Lucy from seeing us. My hands touched the floor, on either side of him and our faces almost touched.

It felt so weird. The feeling I had when we were this close. I couldn't exactly comprehend it.

My stomach felt weird. So did my chest. Like my heartbeat was louder. Was I going to die? Is that what this was? Or was it something I ate? I knew it! Freed's food was too delicious to be real. He must have done something to it. Like a potion of some sort or spell to make it tastier. And that's why I'm feeling so... funny.

Freed didn't move. I don't think he even took in a breath. He was frozen below me. His eyes were round and lips apart- but he still didn't breathe.

I heard Lucy's footsteps as she walked to the bathroom to freshen up. I could see her back and hoped she wouldn't turn around. If she did. It would have been the death of me.

Lucky for me, she walked straight into the bathroom after tying her hair up and adjusting her clothes. She barely wore anything, though.

Freed still hadn't seen her. He was frozen below me. Eyes staring up at my face. It was awkward, and I ignored it. He didn't avert his gaze which made it even more awkward.

The sound of the door shutting made me stand up so quick that it took a while for my feet to apprehend their job. The green haired wizard still lay on the floor until I grabbed his arm and pulled him against the wall. He blinked, snapping out of his trance.

We heard the sound of water hitting the bathroom tiles and Lucy's hums echoing.

Since it was his first prank. We started off easy. I played my first prank on Natsu. Cana had helped me with it. It was really simply actually. And super hilarious.