Epilogue

Song of the chapter : mercy by Shawn Mendes

Joel's POV

* A few hours earlier*

"Bro, Give me the address of where Sammy and Yoandri are staying." Erick had desperately asked for the eighth time that evening.

"No. Dude just leave her alone." I replied as I continued to run on the treadmill.

"What's up with you? I thought you were on my side." He'd snapped, leaning on the left metallic side.

"I'm..." I panted, " On nobody's side."

"Wait hold on a sec, that's not what you told me an hour ago when I asked you the exact same question!"

"Look at the bright side chico, you finally heard me say what, deep down, you've known all along." I stepped off the treadmill and reached for my water bottle.

"Mira Pimentel, " he poked my sculpted chest with his index finger, " I'm starting to think you're taking this fake romance with my girl, way too far."

"Haha you're just scared she might like me a little too much." I glared at his finger and chuckled.

"You sure you're not the one who's going around, haciendote ilusiones?" He raved on with jealousy .

"Nope. Para nada." I grabbed a fresh towel.

"Prove it." He crossed his arms on his chest.

"I don't have to prove anything to you, calmate loco."

"If you really don't like her, then tell me the address of the hotel." He smirked.

"Yeah? I don't think so."

"You like her."

"I don't."

"Yeah you do. Y se lo voy a decir a Sammy, and then she'll immediately ask Ricky to break you guys up, for being such a God Damn liar!" He spat, walking away.

Something inside me, sort of panicked, and I couldn't help it.

"NO!" I shouted after him, "Wait..."

"Yes?" He slowly turned his head around, and that evil smile spread on his lips.

"I'll text you the address of the hotel." I sighed.

"Thanks Chico, I knew you'd come around." He got closer than I would've liked, and patted my back.

*
*
*

"What if we get in trouble for sneaking out of the hotel this late?" Zabdiel asked quietly.

"Ay Zabi si queres, quedate bordando con las viejitas dela par." Christopher turned to Zabdi.

Him, Richard, Christopher and I, we're currently headed out to a dance club nearby.

The same one where Samantha had made me look like a fool before a roomful of people, after Erick had sabotaged my gift to her.

"Loco, Are you sure you want to go to this one?" Christopher gave me a concerned glance.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I laughed it off.