F I V E

January 30th, 2016

4:14pm

Eleanor is halfway through her packing and she's knackered. She thought about having a shower but it's too early in the day to do so.

She thought about going outside and get to know the area. But from the looks of it, it look like it could rain any minute. So she thought against it.

She just realize that she haven't eaten since breakfast and it's now 4:14pm. She check the fridge and remembered that she haven't stock the fridge with food yet.

Shit.

She quickly grabbed her jacket and keys and walked downstairs to the door.

As she got to the door, she could hear voices from outside.

'Phil, you could've gone on the train'

'Dan, I've told you, they're disgusting and smelly. Plus I can't pee on a moving train, it makes me travel sick'

As quickly and quietly as she could, she tried to exit without them noticing her. But one of them did. He heard her door creak.

He turned to me and stared, not taking much notice that his mate ran past him in a hurry, slamming a door behind him.

'Hi' He looks so nervous. Bless him. She gave him a wave back.

'How are you?' She gave him a smile and nodded her head. Please don't force me to speak. She thought.

'Oh um I have one of your books. I didn't steal it, I just somehow took one whilst helping you pack- oh god I'm just making everything worse, I-'

So that's where it went.

She put her hand on his shoulder and smiled. Notifying to him that it's okay.

'It's okay? You're not going to call triple nine on me?'

She giggled. Did he seriously think I would do such a thing?

'I um read the book on the train this morning and I have to say that I quite enjoyed it. How many times have you read it?'

He read the whole thing on the train? Jesus he's a fast reader.

She looked down at her hands, lifting 8 fingers in the air.

'Eight times. I don't think I'll read a book eight times, nor have the spare time to. Say won't you get bored of it? Since you know whats going to happen?'

She shake her head and shrugged her shoulders. Then silence fell.

'Hey um also what's your-'

'DAN'

She was thankful that his roommate called. Dan then turned his head, wait for a response. Nothing.

'Oh um I guess I have to go then. Uh, Bye'

She gave him a wave and walked towards the front doors, entering the outside world.

~~~~

She decided to enter the bookstore that she just noticed. Entering the store with the ring of the bell is just pure bliss to her.

Seeing all of the new published books gets her excited. But unfortunately, she couldn't buy them all since she's saving money for new furniture and stuff.

Walking along the aisles, one book captured her eye. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Dan said that he enjoyed Eleanor & Park. So he might enjoy this.

She purchased Fangirl and decided to surprise Dan, as a thank you note for not stealing the book.

She exited the bookstore and into the busy streets of London.

~~~~

As Eleanor stepped in front of her door, heavily breathing since she's out of shape from running up those stairs. Her foot hit against something. She look down and see the book Dan had read with a sticky note on it.

Sorry I didn't return the book before you left. But here it is now.

-Dan

She grabbed the book and entered her apartment. She dumped her rucksack bag full with food in  the kitchen. She headed upstairs into her office, grabbing a pen and a sticky note and the book that she just brought. Writing a similar note to what Dan has done.

After writing, she decided that she'll give it to him tomorrow morning. She didn't want to disturb them right now.

~~

It's currently midnight and Eleanor couldn't get to sleep. She thought about the book that she brought earlier.

Might give that a read. It looks interesting. But then again, I won't get to sleep.

She thought against it and tried to get to sleep. She thought about what would happen in the book. She thought about how Dan's reaction to the book.

And that was the last thing she thought about before falling asleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

Edited.