A Little Bit of Sibling Rivalry

• Dedicated to My Unbiological Sister Twice Removed on my Fifth Cousins' Dogs' Side!

A Little Bit of Sibling Rivalry

Percy

Paul seemed shocked when Diana materialized from water in the middle of our kitchen. But for some reason, it seemed like he was more surprised by something else.

“You okay?” Annabeth asked.

Diana laughed and brushed herself off “Yup, I think so.”

I rolled my eyes as Diana rubbed the back of her head. “Come here, you probably have a bump.” I said.

“I’m fine!” she snapped.

Rolling my eyes again I held my palm to the faucet. Water poured from the tap and began circling Diana. By the time she realized what I was doing, the water turned solid and her waist was held back by a stiff ring of ice. Diana started struggling but got nowhere. She shot me a glare before balling her fists as small trails of steam rose from the ice.

“OW! OW! OW!” she yelled and unclenched her fists.

I laughed “Yea, I guess I could have warned you about that.”

Paul and Annabeth were now laughing along. And earning glares from Diana. I checked the back of her head for injuries before she had a chance to do any damage. Because if I know Diana, she’s always got something up her sleeve.

When I deemed it was safe for her to walk around without getting a concussion, I let the ice disappear. But maybe I should have backed up first…

The second Diana was released she twisted her legs around my ankles, forcing me to fall flat on my face. Annabeth erupted in laughter, and I’m pretty sure I heard some of Paul’s as well.

After a few minutes of humiliation, my half sister let me go. It’s a good thing too, because just as she did, I heard my mom’s car pull up outside. If my mom had seen me pinned to the ground by a skinny girl whose half my size, I would never be able to live that down.

I glared at Diana "Was that really necessary?"

She shot me a glare more intimidating then my own "Yes, yes it was."

She turned to walk away, but I needed to have my revenge. I discreetly held my palm to the faucet once more as water shot out at Diana. She shrieked in surprise as the liquid hit her. But just as it did, it started steaming and it evaporated. She turned to me "Nice try, brother dearest!" she laughed and tackled me to the floor once again. I was laughing this time, and so was everyone else in the room. I heard my mom open the door on the other side of the apartment, and her calling out "I'm home! What's all the excitement about?" But I ignored it, instead I was focused on the water wars taking place on my kitchen floor.

Annabeth had joined in now and was ganging up on me with Diana. Annabeth was pinning my arms down while Diana was shooting columns of water at my face.

"Hey! No fair!" I complained.

"Oh yea?" Laughed Annabeth "Well I don't have powers, so suck it up!"

"Be a man Perseus, be a man!” Diana laughed.

I tried getting up, but Annabeth sat down on my chest attempting to hold me down “Quick, he’s escaping!” she yelled.

Just leave it to three ADHD demigods to be dong this. Diana leaped up and sat down on my chest next to Annabeth, who were laughing hysterically at my failed attempts to get up. I heard my mom laughing in the doorway of the kitchen, and I couldn’t help but laugh too.

“Annabeth!” I begged “Get off me!” she didn’t move. “Diana, you win! I’m begging! I would get down on my knees but I can’t move! Just get off!” No one made a move to help me “You’re worse then Clarisse, you know that right?” I asked Diana who had a smug look on her face.