The Possibility Of Escape

Hazel's POV

Coach Hedge and I stared at him, he had just strolled up here like he wasn't just tied up with a sock in his mouth and says hi.
I am going to slap him so hard, after I hug him first.
I tackle him in a hug, "Perseus Jackson! Don't you dare leave like that again!" I slap him. "But I'm glad we found you now."
Coach Hedge coughs awkwardly behind us and I spring back, embarrassed.
"Well, as sentimental as that was, I'm not a touchy-feely person, so keep the PDA to a minimum. Now bashing monsters, however, I'm particularly good at.." He then went on to describe his favourite methods of 'bashing' monsters.
I listen politely but slowly tune out, I look over at Percy and has a disgusted look on his face as Coach Hedge describes his favourite method of clubbing an Emposi.
Piper suddenly sprints on deck, a panicked look on her face. She hurries over to Leo at the wheel and you can hear the panicked tone in her voice, "Emergency meeting. Call one. Now!"
Despite her incomplete sentences, we can understand what she meant. Leo hits a button at the control pad and I hear a shrill bell below decks, alerting people of the meeting.
I grab Percy and Coach Hedge and drag them down to the Mess Hall, disrupting them from their conversation, knowing that otherwise they won't come.
Piper and Leo follow us down and we quickly take our seats for the meeting. Annabeth and Thalia are the last ones to come in. Annabeth freezes for a moment when her eyes pass over Percy. They both quickly sit down and Piper starts to speak.
"We have a pr-"
That's when we hear the crashing sound above deck and the thudding of something heavy.
Percy jumps up, "Mrs. O'Leary!" He runs out the door and we quickly follow him, not wanting to give him the possibility of escape.