The Man In Yellow

Comincia dall'inizio

"Doctor, what do you know about this Mercury Labs?" Joe ask.

"Mercury was one of S.T.A.R Labs' major competitors until our little setback, and then it catapulted to the forefront led by Dr. Christina McGee," Dr. Wells pulls up an article with a picture of Dr. McGee. "brilliant, but an egocentric physicist.

I grab Cisco's tablet and read out loud. "Well, it says here that Dr. McGee has secured half a billion dollars in private funding to develop, and I quote, 'prototypes for the technology of the future.'"

"Well, I'll be." Dr. Wells says gaining all our attentions. "Tina's messing with tachyons, superluminal particles."

"Of course," Joe says, but by his expression, I can tell he's clueless. "So what could someone do with one of those-"

"Tachyons." I fill in.

"Thank you." replies Joe.

"Well, I don't know." Dr. Wells sighs. "Become invincible? If you could devise a matrix stable enough to harness their power, you could travel faster than light."

"So what? Does he want more speed? But why." I say to myself. Probably looking crazy if someone caught me talking to myself.

"He's gonna try to get them again, so we need to get what Mercury has and use it as a lure." says Barry.

"Exactly right. Cisco, Caitlin, and of course Madison you are welcome to help, let's start engineering a trap."

"You got it," says Cisco. Cisco and Caitlin follow Dr.Wells out, but I hold back. I crouch done next to Barry and place a reassuring hand on Barry's knee.

"We'll get him," I tell him in a soft voice. "But promise you won't do nothing crazy."Barry looks down at me and his faecal features soften.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can promise you that," Barry says almost in a whisper, hoping a wondering Joe won't hear.

"Why not?" I ask getting worried.

"He's already taken away someone I love. I won't let him take another one," replies Barry as he leans in to kiss me on the forehead. I give Barry's leg a pat before leaving to meet up with the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent the most of the day in S.T.A.R Labs with Cisco. Caitlin, Barry, Joe, and Dr. Wells were really the only ones who left the building.

"I think we did it." says Cisco with a wild smile.

"Looks complete to me." I smile back. "Let's go show Caitlin. I think she's in the treadmill room." Cisco and I enter the room to see Caitlin sitting in the dark on the treadmill itself.

"Hey, Caitlin, check this out," I call out as we approached her.

"We think we can fashion an electronic barrier, right? We set up a ton of super capacitors. We smooth out the infection points, and voila a kick-ass force field to trap the opposite Flash." Cisco explains as he holds out the tablet.

"Was that you testing out a name?" I ask.

"Maybe? Was it good?" Cisco asks and I simply shake my head 'no'. Caitlin doesn't say much and just looks at the floor.

"Are you okay?" I ask. Catlin slowly looks up and lets out a long sigh. 

"Ronnie's alive. I saw him. I think he was following me." says Caitlin as she tries to put together what she just said.

"Caitlin." Cisco interrupts her. "Ronnie died. He was vaporized in the accelerator when it went critical." I can hear the pain in Cisco's voice as he tells her the truth. The painful truth.