when the cab arrived around twenty minutes later, catrin helped her tipsy friends into the cab before getting in after them. she gave the driver the location and let him drive.

the pub wasn't far away so it was a fairly short journey. catrin paid the driver while her four friends piled out of the cab and into the pub. this caused catrin to roll her eyes playfully, walking after them.

once she entered the pub, catrin was hit with a horrible stench. this made her gag as she looked around the worn out place. she shook it off through, deciding to just go and dance for a while.

catrin had probably danced to five songs before she could feel a headache coming on, so she decided to head outside for some air — proper air.

as soon as the blonde stood outside, she coughed from the horrible air she had been inhaling inside the pub. this lead to her throwing up the drink she had back in the house into a nearby bush. she now groaned to herself, having the horrible taste of sick in her mouth — even if it was practically just acid.

she was stood outside for about half an hour before she heard stumbling footsteps walking down the street. it wasn't long after the stumbling came to a stop and a thud came, followed by a grunt.

the blonde girl hesitantly made her way around the corner, catching sight of a guy on the floor. mentally cursing herself for looking, she made her way over — knowing she couldn't just leave him know she knew — and knelt down next to the hunched over male, pulling his upper body up to face her.

catrin looked at his face as his droopy eyes stared into hers, he dropped the eye contact when he lent away from her to vomit. the blonde girl knew exactly what was wrong with the male — and it wasn't alcohol that he had also consumed — it scared her to death looking at another face like that.

by now, he had turned back to face her; his brown sleepy looking orbs staring into her — probably scared looking — bright green eyes as she started to let go and back away from him.

"no, don't leave. please." he quickly begged.

his hands were now on the floor in front of him, holding himself up as he pleadingly looked at the girl in front of him. she saw the straining in his arms that were trying to hold his body up from crashing down on the cold concrete floor.

it wasn't until one of his arms gave way that the girl quickly moved and held onto him so he didn't fall. his head rested on her collar bone as his breaths came out raspy, she sighed as he held onto her arms that were around his waist to hold him up.

"please don't leave." he croaked again, "i don't want to be left alone like this."

"i'm not gonna leave." she whispered.

catrin could hear her mother's words repeating themselves in her head."don't go near anyone or any group outside a bar who look suspicious or look like they are on or dealing drugs." she knew this was wrong, but she didn't want the possibility of him dying like her cousin. so the kindhearted girl did the exact thing her parent's said not to do, and stayed.

"you need to stay awake. you may vomit again." she says, noticing him starting to fall asleep.

his eyes opened again and looked at the girl. "how do you know?" he whispered.

"you've taken heroin. i can tell, my cousin used to take it."

he frowns. "heroin? i've taken heroin?" he asks.

catrin nods. "i can tell by the way you are, you're exactly like my cousin was when he took it. why, do you not know what you took?"

the sleepy boy shook his head. "i was just dared to take whatever was in a little pouch. as soon as i turned back around they were all gone."