epilogue

on oikawa's next session with aiko, oikawa told her everything that had happened after their last session, and it brought a big smile on her face.

"you finally told him?" aiko said, it was clear that she was extremely happy. a big smile was playing on her face.

oikawa sighed, "yeah.. there's no way i could make up a lie about it anyway. i had no other choice" oikawa said as he ran a hand through his hair.

aiko stare at him softly, "i'm proud of you, oikawa. it was very brave of you to finally be open with iwaizumi like that"

"i just..-" oikawa bit his lip, confidence slowly fading, "i don't think i deserve this you know.."

"having iwaizumi aware of your problems while you didn't get to know about megumi's?"

oikawa nodded slowly, head hanging low.

aiko paused for a moment, letting the seconds passed with silence before continuing to speak. "it was her choice back then, oikawa. and now you, also have the right to choose your ending"

"i chose to be open with iwa-chan.." oikawa muttered, still not looking at aiko straight in the eyes.

aiko nodded as she smiled, "and it's the right choice."

oikawa sighed, he realized he was slowly getting consumed by the memory of megumi again, and all of his guilt was coming back to him again. he brushed off the thoughts, before lifting his head up once again and saw aiko sitting in front of him with a smile that had always looked so genuine.

he started smiling widely, "does higu-chan want to know what iwa-chan got me for my birthday?"

-

when oikawa left higuri's office, he was more than surprised to see iwaizumi standing in front of him. iwaizumi looked like he was still fresh out of school.

"iwa-chan?"

"hey oikawa.."

"what are you doing here?"

"he came here to pick you up. well, he insisted for me to drive him here" oikawa was caught off guard when he heard another voice joining in, and he looked to the side to see sugawara walking towards them.

"w-why?" he moved his gaze back to iwaizumi again.

iwaizumi smiled shyly and shrugged his shoulders, "i just thought i should drop by and pick you up"

"b-but okaa-chan-"

"we already told her" sugawara assured him, standing beside iwaizumi. "she's cool with it"

oikawa didn't even know what to say, he could only stare at them in loss of words.

"hey oikawa," oikawa snapped out of his thoughts when he heard iwaizumi calling for him. he refocused his eyes to see a gentle smile on iwaizumi's face that he had adored for so long, "lets come home together"

oikawa's quivering lips curled into a smile, "okay.."

-

iwaizumi and oikawa ended up walking side by side on the sidewalk, walking passed many stores on the street and cars driving passed them on the road.

"so how was your session?" iwaizumi started asking, turning his head to see oikawa.

oikawa, who was taken surprised at iwaizumi's question, since he was used to hearing it from his mother, moved his head away and stuttered a bit as he answered. "oh- uh, it was okay. i told higu-chan about what you get me for my birthday"