fourteen

a/n: i think this is my favorite chapter so far since i didn't feel like i was struggling to find some words while writing it and i finished this chapter on a school night bless up

trigger warning: suicidal thoughts. (because oikawa will be in therapy again and i like aiko)

-

"it's your birthday today.." aiko pointed out, as if oikawa didn't knew that already.

oikawa cocked his head to the side and gave her a look, "i know it's my birthday, higu-chan.."

aiko smiled, completely not being affected by oikawa's cold respond, "well happy birthday oikawa.. is there anything your mom get you?"

oikawa pursed his lips, moving his gaze to the ceiling and acting like he was searching the answer for aiko's question. he hummed in thoughts, "my mom brought me here, so i guess that's one wish not granted" oikawa rolled his eyes.

aiko tilted her head to the side, "oikawa.. stop making the bad guy here.."

oikawa sighed rather frustrated, "you know i don't mean that, higu-chan.." he whined, sounding a bit guilty as he ran his fingers through his brown locks. aiko chuckled.

"i just hate being in here.. i hate having a therapy session.. it makes me sound like an ill person" oikawa muttered, looking down at the floor.

"well, aren't you?"

oikawa bit his lips as he look up to aiko, "i'm not ill!" oikawa snapped, voice raised and his eyebrows furrowed. "i'm a normal teenager-"

"who wishes to die.."

"don't every teenager struggle with these things too at one point? it's perfectly normal! so i'm fine!"

"but their condition isn't as worse as your condition.. yeah, some teenagers do struggle with these things at times but they got through it, why? because they still value their life. some others, don't. and that's why people like me, are here. we are trying to help those people. i'm trying to help you"

oikawa turned to look away, not wanting to see aiko in the eyes. "what if i don't want to be help?" his voice sounded small, like it was going to break anytime soon.

"your mother sure do.." oikawa heard her say, and he turned to see her smiling at him softly. "she loves you.. a lot.. she want you to get better. so please, oikawa.. get better. let me help you.. at least, do this for your mom. she doesn't want to loose you"

oikawa's heart soften at her words. he stare at aiko for a while, no words came out from his mouth since he couldn't find the words to keep arguing. so oikawa took a deep breath, and then exhale. "okay then.. i'll try. for oka-chan."

aiko smiled in relief, "im glad to hear that.."

"you really are so good at your job, aren't you, higu-chan?"

"i tried my best.." she chuckled, "so.. how's iwaizumi? we haven't talk about him lately.."

oikawa shrugged his shoulders, "iwa-chan is fine, i think. he's just been busy lately.." aiko nodded. "oh and don't you know iwa-chan has a girlfriend now?"

"i have no idea.." aiko said as she looked pretty surprised by the information she had just received. "since when?"

"three weeks ago? i guess.."

"is it that girl he had been having a crush on since forever?" aiko asked and oikawa nodded.

aiko made a sound that indicates she followed what oikawa was saying. "so that's the reason we havent been talking about iwa-chan lately" she nodded at her own words.