thirteen

iwaizumi didn't know much about oikawa. hell, he don't know what kind of person oikawa truly was. oikawa always seemed so happy, and cheerful from the outside. but now, those perception iwaizumi had about oikawa was slowly fading away, especially after that incident with oikawa having a panick attack.

iwaizumi kept thinking about oikawa's words. that it was all just a façade. that oikawa might not be the person iwaizumi think he was. the never ending question killed iwaizumi on the inside. he couldn't concentrate at all in school. iwaizumi was determined to know what kind of person oikawa is on the inside. he was curious.

why do oikawa need to be fake around him anyway?

"iwaizumi?" a sudden unexpected voice snapped him from his mind. iwaizumi knew that voice anywhere, he was familiar with it. he just didn't expect her to suddenly appear two feet away from him.

iwaizumi suddenly forgot how to breathe, his body shuts down and he braced himself to close his locker door and turned around to face his crush.

"hey.."

-

oikawa closed the door behind him, leaning his back on the door for support as he sighed tiredly.

another day from the therapist.

oikawa ran a hand through his hair, aiko was really stubborn on trying to fix him, and it was frustrating to deal with.

he liked aiko, he just didn't want the woman to keep pushing herself, that tiny body of hers won't be able to handle it much longer and oikawa feared that one day, all those hard work she had been doing will go down in the drain.

oikawa was sure he was too broken to be fixed with from the beginning anyway. his mom has way too high hopes for him to recover, that's why him and aiko are doing this on the first place.

just because he told iwaizumi about his panick attacks, it didn't guarantee his depression, his suicidal thoughts, his guilt will be washed off him.

however, his eyes was shot opened when he heard a small but soft snore. he turned to see mr.skittles sleeping peacefully on his bed. oikawa smiled at the sight. right, mr.skittles.

oikawa hated cats after what happened to megumi. after his friend death, he couldn't stand the sight of cats. it reminds him of her. but that day, when he came with his mom to buy the grocery, he saw him, all small and dirty inside of a box near an alley.

oikawa hated cats, until he saw mr.skittles that day. he couldn't find it in his heart to not take him home, gave him a clean shower, and wrapped him in a cute soft blanket. he wanted to give the cat the love it deserves, he deserves a home, and to be loved. because somehow, oikawa wanted that to happen to him as well, even though it felt highly unlikely. since he felt like he doesn't deserve to be loved.

so that's the story of how mr.skittles ended up with him. and oikawa didn't regret bringing him home for one bit.

he thought naming a cat after megumi's cat was a bad idea, but it turns out to be a choice he was proud making.

oikawa sat down on his bed next to the sleeping cat. he smiled as he started to scratch mr.skittles head gently.

"oikawa? are you there?" oikawa felt his heart did a back flip when he heard that voice calling from the outside. he stood up enthusiastically, quiet enough not to wake the cat and walked over to his window.

"iwa-chan! hi!" oikawa cheerfully greets him.

"hey, oikawa.." he said in a small voice, rubbing the back of his head. "sorry, we haven't talk for awhile- again.. school have been making me busy" iwaizumi moved his gaze away shamefully.