seven

trigger warning: mentions of suicide.

"god- now what am i going to do, oikawa?" oikawa turned around to see a very hopeless iwaizumi staring at the stars tonight.

oikawa chuckled at him, "what do you mean, iwa-chan?"

"im not fucking sleepy anymore" iwaizumi said, sounding irked. "and i have school tomorrow which is hell"

"why don't you try counting the stars, iwa-chan?"

iwaizumi turned his head around, "counting stars?"

"yeah!" oikawa nodded, "try to count all the stars in the sky and you might get sleepy"

"have you ever tried it?" iwaizumi asked, and it might only for a brief moment, but iwaizumi could swear the expression on oikawa's face became a bit darker as the boy lowered his head down slightly.

oikawa nodded, "yeah.. once" he said in a small voice. "it works though!" in a split second, oikawa managed to collect himself back and lifted his chin up. stretching out a smile for iwaizumi to see.

"iwa-chan, want to count the stars with me?" oikawa offered.

so the two boys spend the rest of the time counting the stars in the sky, and iwaizumi slowly started to become sleepy, and eventually, he drifted off to sleep.

it was probably the most peaceful sleep iwaizumi had in weeks.

-

seiko waited nervously at the front door of the oikawa's house. a fresh bake pie on her hands. her heart beating fast. she had knocked on the door about fifteen seconds ago, and was now waiting for someone to open it.

when she heard the door knob twist, she quickly turned around, just the same time as the door opened; revealing a woman with brown hair, a bit taller than her but probably around the same age as seiko.

"hi! im seiko iwaizumi, i lived next door" she began to introduce herself and pointed a finger towards her house, "welcome to the neighborhood!- as a welcome gift i baked you this pie" she started to lift the pie for the woman to see, "i hoped you like it" she smiled, handing the pie to her.

the woman smiled at her pie blankly, not expecting any welcoming gift like this from her new neighbor. she shook her head slightly, shrugging her thoughts away, "o-oh-" she stutters a bit, "thankyou.. iwaizumi-san i really wasn't expecting this" she said as she took the pie from seiko's hand.

"it's no problem!- call me seiko by the way" she said with a smile on her face, "and you are?"

"oikawa akane. you can call me akane.." she said with a soft smile.

"well it's very nice to meet you, akane" seiko said, "i hope we can get along well and you can enjoy staying here"

akane let out a small chuckle, "i hope so too, seiko-chan"

seiko giggled at her nickname. "i should be going now-" she said, gesturing to her house, "say hi to your son from me!"

at the sound of that, akane's face fell instantly, almost in shock. "you.. know i have a son?"

"oh yeah.. my son, hajime told me about him.. tooru, right?" she asked and akane nodded. "well he told me he's friends with him" she said with a smile.

akane's eyes widened at the word. "tooru made a friend?" the words came out from her lips. she was almost at disbelief.

seiko furrowed her eyebrows, "huh?" she asked confusedly.

"ah!-" akane recomposed herself back, "sorry- sorry- its just.. i couldn't believe tooru finally made a friend again. he isn't the type to be close with anyone.."

"why?" seiko couldn't help but to ask.

"tooru..-" akane looked down at the pie on her hands, clutching it tighter. "was bullied at his first year of high school" she said and the words shocked seiko. "his classmates thought, that for a boy to like a fellow boy is disgusting and a disgrace to their masculine gender and they did horrible things to him.." her eyes starting to get watery as she spoke.

"tooru couldn't pick himself up that time, he had no friends and he have no motivation or will to open up to one either.. especially after.." akane trailed off and pressed her lips together. she decided to stop rather than continue her story and looked up to a sympathetic seiko, "but if tooru can finally open up to one and have a friend like hajime, he must be doing so much better now.." she said with watery eyes but a happy smile on her face.

-

akane was walking on the hallway on the second floor of her house, sound of rain and soft thunder can be heard from outside. she heard sobs coming from inside tooru's room.

heart heartbeat raced up quickly. she knocked on the door, "tooru? tooru are you okay??" she put her ear on the door, and when she heard no feedback and only more sobbing, she knocked on the door even louder, "tooru!! please open this door!!"

akane felt as if she couldn't breathe.

oh god, oh god, please no.

"tooru!" she screamed, praying to god he'll hear her and opened the door. she can feel tears started forming in her eyes, "tooru please open the door!! i love you so much tooru so please open this door" she cried out, her voice breaking.

"tooru!!-" she was caught off guard when suddenly the door opened in a flash and she was hugged abruptly by a crying oikawa.

"im sorry- im sorry- im sorry" oikawa cried, clutching into her shirt. "im sorry, i wanted to do it but i cant" he sniffed. they both fell on their knees. 

akane wrapped her hands around him tightly, "thats good-- you're fine now, tooru. i love you i love you" she said the word repeatedly. chanting it to oikawa's mind so he'll remember it everytime he tries to kill himself.

akane began rocking back and forth gently as oikawa kept on sobbing. "shhh--" she shushed softly, rubbing oikawa's back up and down, "it's okay now, you're okay-- i love you" she said, kissing him on the cheeks.

It was always like this at some days, she would found oikawa crying on his room. or sometimes, even worse, she would find oikawa trying to attempt suicide. either with pills or knifes or ropes or anything his mind could think of. it was the reason akane never left the house, and only gone but only with tooru by her side. she needed to watch over tooru, or else she was afraid she might loose him.

oikawa has always been suicidal since his bullying on high school, and lately a loss of a certain someone in his life triggered him even more. akane was afraid that one day, his suicidal thoughts will eat him alive. permanently, this time.