six

a/n: do you know how much books on wattpad have the title 'the boy next door' ?? damn me. also this is a very long ass chapter sigh and its 2.25 am here nice.

-

iwaizumi woke up in the middle of the night with a pounding chest and breathing heavily, gasping for air. sweats all over his face and body. the back of his shirt felt really damp to iwaizumi thanks to his back that was producing sweats for the last thirty minutes.

"fuck" iwaizumi cursed as he get up from his bed and pull up his shirt, tossing it away across the room.

it was always like this sometimes, at night. iwaizumi would wake up in the middle of the night with a pounding heart and sweaty body.

iwaizumi turned to look at the clock, checking what time it was and he soon found out it was 2.45 in the morning.

great! now he'll have trouble getting back to sleep since its two already and he had no desire to sleep anymore. it was as if all his tiredness and sleepiness perished the moment he woke up.

iwaizumi took some time to dry off his body with a small towel he kept on one of his cabinet.

his eyes wandered off to the window beside him as his mind drifted off to a certain boy, oikawa.

"is he asleep yet?" iwaizumi asked himself. he knew very well oikawa said that he didn't sleep last night because of coffee, but there was something in his chest that couldn't really believe what oikawa said was true.

so, without a second thought- and drifted by curiosity, iwaizumi turned off his air conditioner, and slowly walked towards his window.

he pulled back his curtains and opened the window. to his surprise, although he should've saw it coming- oikawa's window were still opened, his curtains pulled back but the lights were off.

"oikawa?" he called out, secretly in his heart hoping for oikawa to answered back.

after a few seconds of silence, to iwaizumi's relief, he heard a rustle from inside the room, followed by the familiar sound of, "iwa-chan!"

a smile appeared on iwaizumi's face, "hey.." he started, "you're still up?"

"i should be asking you that, iwa-chan. you're still up?" oikawa threw the question back at iwaizumi.

iwaizumi squinted his eyes slightly at oikawa, "still avoiding the question, i see?"

"still naked too, i see?" oikawa retorted with a smirk, eyeing iwaizumi, making the topless boy's face cherry red. he just remembered he was topless to begin with.

"shit-" he cursed before walking away to get some new shirt on his wardrobe, and he could hear oikawa's laugh coming from outside.

"oh nooo, iwa-chan" the boy cooed playfully, "come back! i love staring at your gorgeous tanned skin!" he whined with a loud voice, making sure iwaizumi could hear him from every corner in the room.

iwaizumi got even redder, "shut up, hornykawa!" iwaizumi stammered, the nickname he blurted out was a complete improvisation. he never thought of that nickname, it just rolled out of his tongue.

iwaizumi put on a brand new shirt and walked back to the window with the sound of oikawa talking "oh my god iwa-chan, hornykawa?? well that's new!"

"oh you just enjoy making me embarrassed, don't you oikawa?" oikawa said with a smile playing on his lips, sounding sarcastic.

"well i enjoy looking at your packs.. and tanned skin.. and your muscles.." oikawa trailed off.