twelve

"iwa-chan!!" oikawa whined from his window, much to the annoyance of iwaizumi.

iwaizumi gripped his pencil, almost wanting to break it into half. iwaizumi didn't even bother to stood up from his seat, instead, he whipped his head around and yelled at oikawa loudly, "WHAT SHITTYKAWA?!" his voice sounded angry and irritatated, as if oikawa had pushed him to his limits and it was enough to make oikawa slightly jumped on his feet.

oikawa strecthed a nervous smile on his face, letting a few small nervous chuckle escaped his lips as he stuttered. "i just missed you, iwa-chan"

even though oikawa's voice was small and sounded soft, iwaizumi was still able to hear it from his room. iwaizumi sighed, rubbing his forehead with his fingers. he put down his pencil and about to walked over to his window, until he heard oikawa started to speak again, and he stopped on his tracks.

"its been awhile, iwa-chan. with you and your busy schedule now-- im kind of scared we're growing apart." oikawa spoke.

iwaizumi listened to him carefully, there was something on oikawa's voice that made his heart clenched.

"do you think we'll grow apart? iwa-chan.. do you think one day i'll stop sending you cookies and coffee to your room and you'll stop asking me for help and we'll stop talking to each other?"

oikawa's question was too painful to imagine. iwaizumi can't imagine not having anymore conversation with oikawa, or tasting his mother delicious cookies anymore. and he knew those thoughts must be painful for oikawa to think of too.

iwaizumi shook the thought from his mind and proceeded to walk to his window.

"as if.." was the answer oikawa received. oikawa turned his head to see iwaizumi already standing in front of him. his piercing eyes staring back at him.

"promise?" iwaizumi nodded quietly and a smile of relief made its way up on oikawa's face. "good- because my oka-chan have just baked an apple pie and i want you to taste it" oikawa smiled widely and it brought a smile up on iwaizumi's face as well.

--

iwaizumi was woken up in the middle of the night when he heard his phone rang loudly on the nightstand beside him.

he stretch his hand out to grab his phone. his vision was still blury as his mind was still consumed with sleepiness, iwaizumi picked up the call without even bothering to check the caller id.

"hello?-"

"iwa-chan?" suddenly iwaizumi's eyes shot opened, his body tensed when he heard oikawa's shaky voice and breath on the phone.

"oikawa?" his body straightened up. "whats wrong?!"

"c-can i c-come to your hou-use r-right now p-p-please.."

there was no other answer. iwaizumi told oikawa to come without hesitant. after oikawa mumbled a "thankyou" the call ended. and iwaizumi quickly rushed to the front door as he waited for oikawa.

after a few minutes, iwaizumi heard a knock on his door, and he quickly opened his door to see oikawa his arms wrapped around his body, shivering.

without a warning, oikawa quickly threw himself to iwaizumi, making iwaizumi stumbled back a bit and wrapped his arms around oikawa's shaking body.

oikawa stayed quiet the whole time, no words came out from the two of them. iwaizumi didn't need to ask anything, the second he saw oikawa on his front door, he was able to tell what happened.

oikawa had a nocturnal panic attack.

iwaizumi hugged oikawa tightly, their bodies pressed together. oikawa's pajamas was damp from all of his sweats, and iwaizumi could feel oikawa's heart beating rapidly.