two

the music was blasting through the room, and iwaizumi was banging his head lightly to the beat. he was doing his homework, and he thought some music s would help brighten up the mood.

he was only half right though- math was shit.

it had been about thirty minutes now, and he had only solved three problems. iwaizumi kind of hoped he was a good with math as he was with other subjects in school.

on the middle of working on his homework, iwaizumi suddenly heard a faint voice; like shouting his name from the distance.

"iwa-channnn!!" of course, the sound of the person's voice was blocked by the sound of the loud music playing on his room, so iwaizumi decided to stood up from his chair and turned down the volume on his speaker.

asiwaizumi turned down the volume, and the music went silent; the voice became more clearer and clearer.

"iwa-channnn!!" the voice shouted.

oikawa tooru. of course, it must be his new neighbor.

iwaizumi mentally face palmed himself at the thought and sighed. he slowly walked to his window and opened it, "what shittykawa?!" iwaizumi spat accidentally out of frustration, and earning a shocked look from oikawa.

"s-shittykawa?!" oikawa stuttered at the nickname he just received. "where did that came from?!"

iwaizumi's face quickly turned concerned, afraid he was hurting the spirited boy's feelings. "shit!- im sorry, i didn't mean it!" iwaizumi quickly apologized, and to his relief, the brown haired boy started smiling sincerely to him.

"its fine..- at least now you have a nickname for me!" oikawa said it happily, "we can be nickname buddies!"

iwaizumi's face dropped, "nickname..buddies?"

oikawa smiled wider and nodded, making iwaizumi face-palmed while sighing. "oh- and also!-" iwaizumi heard oikawa spoke, and when he looked up, oikawa already rushed to wherever he was going, and after a few seconds, oikawa came back with a plate full of chocolate chip cookies on his hands. "would you like some?"oikawa offered him, his body leaning out a bit from the window, with his arms stretched out across the small distance between them.

iwaizumi was left staring at the cookies with his lips parted. the cookies looked pleasing for the eyes, and it smelled delicious. "sure, thanks oikawa" iwaizumi said, and took one cookie from the plate.

oikawa smiled as he leaned back inside, "no problem, iwa-chan! its homemade! okaa-chan made it after dinner, its delicious!"

iwaizumi was chewing the chocolate chip cookie at the time oikawa was talking, and indeed the cookie was delicious, but after he heard the word "okaa-chan" came out from oikawa's mouth, iwaizumi almost choked.

"o-okaa-chan?" iwaizumi asked confusedly as he stare at the boy.

the boy gave him a confused look, "yeah.. is something wrong, iwa-chan?"

iwaizumi shook his head, "no.. it's just- it's the first time i heard someone refer to their mom with "okaa-chan" actually.."

oikawa's lips turned into an 'o' shape "ooohh.." he said, and then followed by a laugh. "must be because everyone mostly refers to their mom with "okaa-san" huh?"

iwaizumi nodded and oikawa giggled. "yeah! i guess i just like adding "-chan" to people's nickname" oikawa said.

iwaizumi glared at him, "and i'm "iwa-chan" now?" he asked.

oikawa nodded, "yup! you're my iwa-chan!"

"how do your parents put up with you again?" iwaizumi asked, although it sounded pretty rude, oikawa only laughed.

"oh! iwa-chan! your sense of humor is so great!"oikawa said positively.

"i wasn't joking.."

"there you go again!"

"shittykawa!"

"iwa-chan!"

"are you always this cheerful?"

oikawa shrugged, "i guess..-was it bothering you?"

"from the first time we met" iwaizumi spat with a straight face.

oikawa flew his hand to his chest as he gasped dramatically, "rude, iwa-chan!"

iwaizumi sighed, "you know what, talking to you actually made me grew an interest on finishing my math homework right now"

oikawa grins and placed his chin on the palm of his hand; his elbow resting on the window frame, "ooh iwa-chan have a math homework to do??" oikawa cooed playfully.

"yeah.." iwaizumi groaned, "and its fucking hard"

"want me to help?" oikawa volunteered happily and made iwaizumi sneer, "yeah right!- as if you can help me with math.."

oikawa smirked, "hmm?" he said as he raised an eyebrow, "underestimating me, i see?"

"well you don't look like the type of person who do well in math.." iwaizumi said it casually.

"well there's a lot of thing you don't know about me, iwa-chan.." oikawa said, tilting his head to the left as he stared at iwaizumi with a cocky smile.

iwaizumi shrugged his shoulders, "understandable. we did just meet anyway"

"but we're going to get closer anyway.." oikawa said as he averted his eyes to the starry sky above him.

iwaizumi scoffed, "and where did that idea came from?"

oikawa's eyes rounded, and he slowly looked back to iwaizumi, "we are neighbor right?" oikawa asked him naively.

iwaizumi sighed, "right.. and you're going to continue pestering me through the window from now on.." iwaizumi said almost in defeat of the thought of his quiet time alone in his room will soon to be over with oikawa as his neighbor.

oikawa laughed, "don't be too pessimist iwa-chan! soon you'll find my company to be very enjoyable" he said it with a smile at the end.

iwaizumi rolled his eyes, "whatever.. i should go now. good night, shittykawa!" iwaizumi said and began to close his window.

"good night iwa-chan!! sweet dreams- of me if possible!" oikawa said cheerfully, waving his arms across the air as iwaizumi pulled out the curtains.

"only in your wildest dreams, shittykawa!" iwaizumi retorted loudly from the inside, causing oikawa to laugh in satisfaction.