five

the next morning when iwaizumi woke up to collect his homework back from oikawa, he was shocked to see oikawa's concerning state.

oikawa's hair was messy, and there were dark circles under his eyes, and the boy looked like he didn't have any sleep last night.

oikawa yawned, "iwa-chan.. here's your homework" oikawa said, still managing to give a sleepy smile and handing iwaizumi's homework across the small distance between them.

iwaizumi took his book from oikawa's hand, and looked back at oikawa concernedly, "thanks, oikawa.."

oikawa smiled and nodded, "anytime iwa-chan!" he said and broke into another yawn.

iwaizumi examined the boy for awhile, "oikawa did you have any sleep last night?"

as iwaizumi expected, the boy shook his head, "nope.. i had too much starbucks coffee yesterday" the boy said sleepily.

"for god sake oikawa, i love starbucks too but control yourself!" iwaizumi said, sounding worried.

oikawa stared at him with wide eyes, wasn't expecting for iwaizumi to care so much. a smile slowly made its way up on his face, "okay, iwa-chan!"

iwaizumi didn't know that starbucks wasn't really the reason oikawa couldn't sleep last night.

--

"hajime.." his mom started as she was prepapring for dinner.

iwaizumi, who was sitting down on the dining chair, looked up at her, "yeah?"

"do you know anything about our new neighbor..?" she asked, setting down a plate of greens on the table.

iwaizumi shrugged his shoulders, "not really.. only their son.."

"son?" his mother asked as she took a seat.

iwaizumi nodded, "oikawa tooru.. our room is right next to each other that's why i knew him.."

"ooh.." his mother said as she nodded, "so the oikawa, huh?" his mother, seiko, thought to herself.

iwaizumi, who was drinking his water, eyed his mother confusedly, "so why are you asking me this?"

iwaizumi's mother sighed, "it's just that.. i found the oikawa pretty closed, don't you think hajime?" she asked, although her question sounded more like a statement. "i have never even saw their faces, and i don't think they have ever come out from their house.." his mother pointed.

iwaizumi stopped and thought about his mother words. she wasn't wrong, iwaizumi never really did see the oikawa, only their son, tooru.

"you got a point.. but its only been two days anyway" iwaizumi pointed out.

"still, i thought I should give them a friendly welcome, since we are neighbors and maybe bake them a pie?- maybe they are just shy around a new neighborhood" his mother said.

iwaizumi smiled, "that's a good idea.. good luck mom!" he said, making his mother smiled back at him and the two of them continued eating dinner together.

--

"so the girl you have a crush on just dated a guy?" oikawa asked.

iwaizumi raised his eyebrows for a brief second, "yep.." he sighed.

iwaizumi found himself talking about his feelings to oikawa, something he never thought he would ever do. his new neighbor did asked him about how his day had been, and iwaizumi couldn't find it in himself to lie about it.

"harsh.." oikawa said.

iwaizumi chuckled, "yeah.. but i saw it coming anyway.."

oikawa furrowed his eyebrows slightly, "what do you mean?"

"well i obviously have no chance with that girl in the first place" iwaizumi shrugged his shoulders.

a shocked gasp came from oikawa's mouth, "iwa-chan! how could you say that! you're an amazing person! you have a wonderful smile, you have beautiful back muscles and gorgeous tanned skin! girls, hell- even boys would be honored to date you!" oikawa stated, full of admiration.

iwaizumi couldn't help but to laugh at what he just heard, "really?-" he said in between laugh, "boys? as if any guy would date me"

oikawa shrugged his shoulders, "i would date you, iwa-chan.." oikawa casually said.

a blush makes its way up on iwaizumi's cheeks as he froze at oikawa's bold statement. a few second later, oikawa burst out laughing, "oh, iwa-chan! you're so cute when you're embarrassed" oikawa said as he grabbed his mug of chocolate and began to drink it.

"sh-shut up, shittykawa! you wouldn't!"

"i would!"

"you're joking right?" iwaizumi stammered as he stare at oikawa.

a grin spread across oikawa's face, "whatever helps you sleep at night, iwa-chan" he winked.