"We were thinking of going to the mall or something, that sound good?" Leah asked me.

"Yeah that sounds fine" I replied breaking my eye contact with Ian. I'm not sure why kids like hanging out at the mall so much. It's kinda boring. But I guess it can be fun with the right people.

We started heading over to the mall, which was only 15 mins away. All of us had our long boards. I bet we looked kinda funny to passers by, 5 kids on longboards. I chuckled to myself.

"Hey my friend Danielle was wondering if she could come hangout with us?" Aubrey asked the gang. We all kinda looked at each other before Brian broke the silence.

"Thats fine with me, what about you guys?" He looked around at us. We all just nodded in agreement.

"Okay I'll tell her to meet us in the food court by the mall." Aubrey said. I hope this girl wasn't too crazy. I mean, I'm okay with crazy, but there is a line you shouldn't cross.

•••

We were all sitting at a table in the food court at the mall, with our various choices of food, when Aubrey ran off to find her friend.

"Have any of you met aubreys friend?" I asked the gang. I hoped at least one of them did because that might get a little awkward for her.

"I've met her. I don't know her well but she seems cool" Ian replied. I let out a little breath of relief, at least Ian was talking to me. Just then Aubrey approached with another girl.

"Hi guys I'm Danielle, but you can call me dani" the girl said. She had long dirty blonde hair, that reached a little past her shoulders, bright blue eyes, and tan skin. She was wearing light blue high waisted shorts, a white t-shirt, and converse. She was pretty.

"Hi I'm Shawn" I smiled. Everyone else also introduced themselves, and we pulled a chair over for her.

I offered her some of my chicken and rice from the Chinese place. I must say, I do love Chinese. She declined and I continued eating.

•••

Danielle's POV:

I had just said goodbye to Aubrey and her friends. I walked up the steps onto my front porch and set my longboard up against the wall, then walked into my house.

"Danielle?" My sister Alexa called from the kitchen.

"It's me" I yelled back, taking off my converse and setting them by the door. Alexa was my 17 year old sister. SHES kinda always been there for me, since my mom walked out on us, and my dad is working a lot. Lexa cares about me a ton. I walked into the kitchen and smelled something sweet.

"What is that? It smells good" I asked Alexa. It smelled like chocolate.

"Cake, I just finished frosting it." She smiled, the dimples in her cheeks showing. her short blonde hair was in soft waves and she was wearing a navy t-shirt dress with a red flannel tied around her wait. I looked at the cake and my stomach growled. I laughed.

"Want some? You can sit and tell me about your day" Alexa suggested. I nodded, I cut myself a piece of cake. I sat down at the table next to Alexa.

"What did you do today" she asked. I chewed a bite of cake while reflecting on the day.

"I went and hung out with Aubrey and some of her friends" I said, thinking about aubreys friends. Ian, Leah, Shawn, and brian.

"Any boys?" Lexa asked with a smirk on her face. She always teased me about boys, it was nice having such a close relationship with her.

"Yeah three of them" I laughed. Lexa quickly turned her head towards me and smirked. I knew what was coming next.

"Were they cute?" She asked excitedly. I rolled my eyes at her a chuckled. Called it. I thought back on it a little. They were all super nice. But none of them were really, well cute. Brian might be cute if he cut his hair, and Shawn will probably be a lot cuter when he gets his braces off.

"Meh they were okay. They were nice though" I told her. She frowned.

"Sad day" she said glumly. I laughed. After I finished my cake I said goodnight to Lexa then went up to my room and got ready for bed. I was so tired I forgot to take my makeup off before I crashed.

•••

Hey guys so that was the first chapter to my fanfic about Shawn Mendes:) I have so many ideas for this book, and I hope you guys will enjoy it. Please star, and comment your thoughts. it means a lot💘

-Em