1| Saturday

Shawns POV:

You know that mood where you can't describe what your feeling but your emotions are just jumbled everywhere? That is how I feel right now. We are on our last weekend of school before summer starts. I'm just finishing 9th grade. Wow. I just realized I finished my first year high school. Life is moving too quick.

This school year has been weird. I lost one of my closest friends, Ian, due too us both liking the same girl. I really hope this summer we can become friends again cause' he was super awesome.

Oh, by the way, I'm Shawn. Just a regular 14 year old. I enjoy playing on my phone, and recently started teaching myself to play guitar through YouTube videos. I'm not to bad at it.

"SHAWN!" My mom yells, interrupting my game of angry birds.

"What mom?!" I yell back, a hint of annoyance in my voice.

"I'm heading to work, don't forget to do your chores!" She called. I heard the door shut and groaned a little. I was still in bed and didn't want to get up. I turned off my phone and looked at the time. It was 8:07 am. I reluctantly climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After that I changed into some tan kakis and a grey t-shirt, and headed into the kitchen. I glanced at the paper on the fridge that my mom had put up with my list of chores.

1. Clean room
2. Wash dishes
3. Have fun :)
Don't forget to eat. I love you.
-mom

Her note made me smile a little. Usually I had way more chores on a Saturday. I wonder what I'm gonna do today. I looked outside the window, it was sunny outside. Maybe I would go do something with my friends. My sister, Aaliyah, walked into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes. She was still in her pink pajamas, and her long brown hair was all tangled.

"Well don't you look glamorous this morning" I snickered at her. She glared at me and play punched me in the arm

"What's for breakfast?" She asked me. I looked in the fridge and pulled out a jug of milk.

"Cereal" I smirked.

•••

I had finished my chores an hour ago and had just been playing around on my guitar when I got a text message.

Leah: hey wanna come hang with me, Brian, Aubrey, and Ian?

Me: is Ian still mad at me?

Leah: no I think he's over it:)

Me: okay sure, meet at the park?

Leah: ya see you in 10

I hopped up, and popped my head into my dads office, letting him know where I was going. He was on the phone so he just nodded back. I put on some shoes, and grabbed my long board and headed out.

I really hoped Ian was no longer mad at me. It was a couple months ago and he had time to cool off and we have no classes together so I've been avoiding him at school.

I got to the park and the gang were all sitting at one of the tables in the pavilion. We liked to come here to hangout. Something about the place was very peaceful. Maybe it was the gentle breeze, or the smell of grass. I looked over to my left as I was headed towards my friends. There was a little family of ducks swimming on the little pond. I smiled.

"Hey guys" I said to my friends hopping off my longboard and walking over there.

"Hey Shawn" they said I glanced over at Ian. He gave me a I forgive you but I won't forget it kinda look.