Chapter Thirty Seven: What is the Hunger games?

Start from the beginning

"It would be. Whatever is going on here isn't coincidence. Something is off even about this forest," I say as we quickly move through the trees and get by four before hiding behind the tree as the next arrow is fired at us.

"Are you going to be okey?" he asks me.

"I haven't lost too much blood, I don't think. It being stuck in there still has stopped it from bleeding like crazy. Until I can get some sort of anti bateria liquid for it and something to bandage it up the metal is best left inside it. I've read up on it before," I say to him.

"I believe you," says Sanjay, "Do you have any good ideas?" he asks me.

I shake my head, "Not really apart from losing this person if its a person. We need make a full run for it. So it or he or whatever can't catch up."

"You sure you can do that?"

"I can just worry about yourself. On three," I say to him.

He nods to agree. "One...two...Three!"

We run through the trees at full pelt ignoring the suddenly outrage from behind us as arrows coming shooting by us missing our heads by inches.

"Who ever is firing is good but not good when he has a proper moving target. Had pratice but not much of it," I inform Sanjay.

"How can you know that?"

"I just work out the way he fires and the angles and stuff. I try explain it to you when we aren't being chased and someone is trying to kill us," I say to him as we keep running all the way up until we have to stop as we arrive by a small river.

The water is a blue but has a tint of red to it. "That's not normal," Sanjay says.

"I don't think this is Earth," I say slowly.

"Alright calm down let go!" we hear a voice boom as a small looking kid about twelve years old falls down behind us his bow and arrow now on the floor and someone leaning over him with a sword.

"Lucky I found this. Not like I really want to use it. Sanjay and Luke glad I found you," says Jay grinning from ear to ear.

"Thank heavens," says Sanjay as he turns back and heads over to Jay and leans down and takes the cross bow. "You realize you could of killed us with this! I man I swear if one had hit Luke you would of regretted it," says Sanjay.

"Don't scare him," I say as I walk over to join them.

"Scare him? He nearly just killed us Luke," says Jay.

"But he didn't. Its good to see you Jay. I suppose you have no idea what is going on?"

"Not in the slightest but there does seem to be weapons around but they took everything from our pockets and jewellery. If I didn't think it to be such a stupid suggestion it almost feels like the Hunger games," Jay says.

"The what?" I ask.

"Do you not watch any decent films?" Sanjay asks.

"I...maybe not. Why would you think this is like the Hunger games? I've heard it I think before but I have no idea what it is."

"Well with this kid trying to kill you and all too and weapons lying around in strange places. Its almost dead but yet its not is it and I think your right on the whole thing of this not being Earth. You don't think some alien thinks it be fun to kidnap humans and use them against each other like in the hunger games for fun do you?" Jay says.

"Well we have known aliens to do some crazy things but we can't be sure until we figure more of this out," I say as I wince at the pain still coming from my injury the metal feeling like its slipped in further.

"Luke your side," says Jay suddenly realizing.

I wave him off, "Don't worry. We need to figure this out before we all end up dead. What is your name?" I ask the kid.

He looks at me. "Conner. Look I'm sorry for trying to kill you but...its the only way. Only way I can rank up. Only way to survive. I want to live not die," he says to us.

"Conner is this anything like the hunger games?" I ask him.

"I guess it has similarities. But your right about this not being earth its something else and its controlled by a group of aliens. They are horrible...they killed a kid right in front of me to warn me not to try fight against there rules."

"If this is anything like the hunger games we are in big trouble," says Jay.

"Major trouble," Sanjay adds.

I shake my head, "Can someone please explain what happens in the hunger games?"

Sky's POV

"You must know something Paul. This waiting is killing me. Come on! I mean use Mr Smith do something. Your meant to be brilliant so do something!" I shout at him.

"I am working as fast and as quick as I can. I think I know where they are and I can get them back but I got to be careful I'm breaking about a hundred rules," he says to me.

"I don't care about rules. Not when someone can come out of nowhere and take Luke, Sanjay and Jay and poof vanish from earth! Find whatever planet they are on and get them back. You where suppose to be protecting him. Protecting my brother this is a bad start! Plus meddling with time. You have to ensure nothings been screwed up," I tell him.

"Don't worry Sky. The time line is in perfect tact and they be home with us soon just give me a bit of time please," he says to me.

"Okey I will but please be as quick as possible. We are all going out our minds. Plus I said to my boyfriend we would have dinner tonight at that new restaurant. Mark, Luke and I. First time Luke meeting my boyfriend," I tell him.

"A boyfriend? Shouldn't I know about these things," laughs Kevin as he comes into the attic.

I turn to him, "I don't know. I'm all new to this and you hardly know me," I begin.

"Doesn't mean I don't want to know you Sky. I want to get to know you. I am worried about Luke just as much as you are and I would love to come to this meal with you both to meet Mark if you would accept me to come," he says.

I look at Kevin feeling a little uneasy but at the same time. Luke really does trust this man, I should really try give him a chance. "How do I explain what you are to him though?"

"I'm not sure," says Kevin.

"You could explain that after your mother past away Kevin adopted you and Luke. Or it sort of all just happened as if it was meant to be. Maybe by letting people know Kevin is your new foster dad it make you come to accept it too. From what I know Kevin is a really nice man. A good man and what I can see can be a very good dad too," says Paul as he continues to work.

"I will speak to Luke but I'm okey with it if Luke agrees. But if Luke isn't back in time we will rearrange but I have no doubt in my head that Luke will come back. He has too!" I say annoyed.

Kevin steps forward putting his hand on my shoulder, "Of course he will come back. Its Luke. He always will."

///////

Needs Editing