Chapter- 23 Calm Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

I was so mad at her that I growled loudly. She was stunned but didn't cower in fear as she knew I won't hurt her.

She stood up and moved her hands towards me to hug me as in farewell. I stepped back shaking my head clearly telling her I was not happy with her decision. She understood my disapproval and started walking in the opposite direction.

I followed her as she made her way through the trees. She didn't stop me from following her. It was getting dark and I don't want to leave her alone. I also knew that she felt safe with me.

My mind was running a thousand miles per second. I was trying to find a solution to take us out of this mess. Daimen will be devastated if she didn't return home. I have to do something.

She has not spoken a word since we started walking. I glanced at her face and saw that she was lost in her thoughts. I took it to my advantage and started walking a little ahead of her. I felt rejoiced when I realized that she was following me blindly. I was dancing merrily inside my mind as she didn't realize I was taking her in the direction of our pack house.

I knew she was tired so I let out a whine and sat down. She leaned on my side and closed her eyes. Soon enough she fell asleep. I linked Daimen to come fast and to bring along some clothes. I forgot mine back in the woods.

He arrived within minutes. He was restless as I haven't told him the reason for bringing clothes. When he saw Samira sleeping peacefully he relaxed a bit.

He put the shirt and shorts near me and scooped her up in his arms. She stirred but didn't wake up. I quickly changed back and put on the clothes. I followed him to his room.

He gently laid her on the bed and we moved out to talk about what happened. I informed him everything including her decision to leave them, leave him.

He fell to his knees and grabbed his hair, out of frustration he started pulling them and cursing. I sat on my haunches in front of him and took his face between my hands.

Tears were rolling down his cheeks. He was feeling helpless. He was blaming himself for being incompetent. He could not even make her mate stay with him. He was good for nothing.

Wiping away the tears from the pad of my thumb I continued to listen to him. When he finished his shoulders slumped in defeat. He was vulnerable. His heart was aching for his mate.

I told him that he needs to be strong for both of them. I asked him if he loved her. He nodded in affirmation then I continued to tell him if loved her then how he can give up on them.

He needed to show her that he won't leave her no matter what. He will stay by her side at all times. He will give her the assurance that she needs.

I also asked him if he had declared his love for her. When he said NO, I smacked his head and told him to do it before anyone else Wisk her away from him.

He hesitated but asked me what if she didn't love him back. I told him to be patient with her. She needs time. He has to give that to her and if she didn't return his feelings then he simply has to love her for both of them.

He finally understood that love means to give and not ask for anything in return. One should feel content with the knowledge that he is capable of loving someone from the bottom of their heart. His love would be selfless. The purest form of love.

After two weeks he declared his love for her. She was a goner for romance and he made her day as cliché as possible.

He was her knight in shining armor, Prince on a white horse to save his damsel in distress literally. He had set up several stages and reenacted the cliché scenarios for her.