Downhill

Steamy water cascaded down my back as I leaned against the shower wall. The heat beading on my back felt wonderful. Steven was home, and everything felt wonderful. Today was my off day, and I had plans with Steven. We were meeting at the mall about a half hour from my apartment.

I turned off the water, and wrapped in towel. I wrapped my hair in a towel and balanced it on top of my head. Walking into my room I sat at my vanity and applied some eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, and a thin layer of Chapstick. Since I wasn't into the whole lipstick thing. I picked out an outfit of a black off the shoulder shirt with kissed lipstick with a pair of red colored jeans. I zipped up my black heel, ankle boots. And slid on my leather jacket. I bushed out my hair with one hand, while the other messaged Steven saying I was "on my way".

I grabbed my wallet off the table, along with my keys locking the door on the way out. I turned on the car letting it warm up I pulled out of the parking lot, stopping at the stop sign. I changed the song on the radio, looking at the numbers, I hadn't realized I let off the breaks and the car was inching forward. I heard a deep honk, one you hear from a big rig, but when I looked up it was too late. the truck slammed into the front of my car. And the impact threw my body around, and I'm pretty sure my car was flying across the road. The impact of the car on the pavement made my scream inaudible. As my head made impact with the roof of the car I fell out of consciousness.