A Month Without Steven

It had been another few weeks. And things remained the same. Work, sleep, eat, and every few days me and Steven spoke. The last three days I worked endless night shifts, and I just had gotten home from todays shift. It was maybe 3 a.m. I microwaved a pancake on a stick and lazily poured a cup of coffee. I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open or concentrate. I felt like I had eternal migraines. Sipping the coffee and quickly eating my microwavable breakfast, I walked to the living room. I turned on the television. I scanned the channels until I landed on a channel that showed a giant cake, and some family drama going on.

Zoning out, I gripped the coffee mug and thought to myself. Over the course of the last few months I've gone home on vacation, and enjoyed it. I've met a guy, and still talk to him. I constantly thought about him, and I still feel as though the feeling of his lips against mine were still there. I couldn't wait for him to come home. Maybe, I could feel it again.

I don't remember falling asleep last night. All I know was it was noon, and my coffee was cold and tasted like charcoal, when warmed in the microwave. It was my off day, so, I just walked to the bedroom to catch up on sleep.