Chapter 33

"Lex! I'm home!" Seth yells from the door and I flash over to him and wrap my arms around his neck. "Hello." I smile and he grins. "Very cute." He compliments and I blush. "Hope you don't mind, I brought some guests.." He says and I laugh. "I was wondering what took you so long!" I grin. "What, where did you think I went! You know I'm not into strippers!" He jokes and I hush him quickly. "Lots of little ears over there." I say and point to the little kiddos coloring in the kitchen. "Right!" He chuckles and opens the garage door. "Alexa, these are the newest additions to the pack; Elena, David and Andrew." He say gesturing to the teenagers that stand at the door. "Come on in guys! Hope you don't mind a little noise." I joke and they laugh, looking at our cute kids. "Are you guys hungry?" I ask and they nod quickly. "Who am I kidding, you wolves are always hungry. Also just an FYI, I am full vampire, now at least, and our kids are literally a mix of everything." I laugh and they laugh with me. I lead them into the kitchen, Seth's arm wrapped around my waist. "Munchkins! Meet David, Andrew and Elena, they are wolves like daddy!" I exclaims and they cheer, aside from Spencer who is shy as always. "Lex, sit down I've got this." Seth boosts and I roll my eyes before sitting in the living room in the recliner where the three wolves look around like puppies. "So, how old are you guys?" I ask as I scoop up Mason from the pac n play and cradle him in my arms. "I'm 17, the boys are 18. " Elena sighs and I laugh. "Don't worry about age girl friend, mine is not what you'd expect." I say and she smiles. I chuckle to myself remembering that I am technically only three years old.  "You guys have a lot of kids!" Andrew says, taking it all in. "Oh, yeah. We actually have four more." I giggle and his eyes widen. "Never a dull moment though!" I say and he laughs. "Where's David?" Elena asks, realizing he is gone, as I do also. "I don't-" I start but at interrupted by a squealing laugh. I stand up faster than light itself and see David sitting on the window seat in the kitchen, dangling Olive upside down. I laugh and call out, "Don't break my kids!" The fetus wolf laughs and so do I. "Foods ready!" Seth calls and the wolves stand up quickly. "I have to warn you, I don't think this man has ever cooked in his life." I say, partially joking, mostly not though. "I heard that!" Seth booms from the kitchen and I walk in. "You know I love you." I grin and he wiggles his eyebrows, wrapping his arms around my waist. "What did you make?" I ask not wanting to look. He quickly puts a dollop of cookie dough on my nose and laughs. I giggle, then use my mind to place a cloud above his head. "Sunny day?" He asks looking at the white cloud just before it turns gray, thunders and pours on him. I laugh as he stands there soaking wet, a constant downpour falling on him. "Ha- Ha- now would you please get rid of the rain!" He exclaims and I swipe the cloud away. He smirks at me and I raise my eyebrows before he wraps me in a bear hug, soaking my entire outfit.  I giggle and he chuckles as I remember that we have three guests watching  us. "Go change!" I exclaims and push him out the door. I shake my head and grab the plate of cookies before turning to the table. "So apparently my husband only knows how to make cookies... So enjoy I guess." I say and they laugh before eating them. "Girls it's almost time for dance, how about you go get your bags." I suggest and the twins toddle off. The babies are still asleep in the Pac n Play so I sit down next to Elena and pull Olive onto my lap. "So, what are you into?" I ask, referring to her hobbies. "I like to paint and-" she says but is cut off. "Mommy! We're ready!" The twins exclaim in unison and I laugh. "Okay, go get in your car seats I'm coming." I say and they scramble off giggling, their tutus bouncing every step of the way. "Those two.... Same exact human being." I grin and she smile back. "Seth, I've gotta take the girls, watch the babies!" I shout over the obnoxious tv that he and the boys are watching football on. "Okay! Take Elena, she'll be bored here!" He shouts back rather than turn down the tv. "Wanna come along?" I ask and she nods quickly. "I don't blame you, let's go." I say and swing olive onto my back before walking out the door. I buckle the kiddies and wait for Elena to finish buckling before pulling out and driving to the dance studio. "Yena coming to dance?" Olive asks and I smile. "Yes she is!" I say back happily and Olly claps. "You've got a fan club." I tell Elena and she laugh. "That's a first for sure." She sigh, and I detect sadness. I decide to save the questions for later. I park the car and hop out. "Wait here." I tell Olive and step into the car to unbuckle the twins. I unbuckle the twins and hand them their dance bags before getting out of the car and lifting them down. "Oh no you don't!" I hear Elena laugh and turn to see her walking back from across the street, Olive giggling in her arms. "Olly! What did I say?" I scold her. "Sorry mommy." She sighs and I kiss her head. "It's okay." I say and take her hand, leading her and the twins into the studio. "Alright loves, follow your friends!" I cheer and the twins walk into the dance room. "Miss Olive! Wanna come watch?" The dance teacher Miss Cameron asks and Olive looks to me. "Go! Go! It'll be fun!" I say and she nods before taking Cameron's hand and walking in. I relax and lean back against the wall. "You okay?" Elena asks, staking in my stance. "Oh I'm fine! This is the first moment I have without any kids around in a long time." I smile and she nods, looking sad. "What's wrong, you've seemed off since the car ride." I say and she runs her hand through her blonde hair. "Just being around the kids it's weird for me. Brings back bad memories." She shutters and I furrow my brow. "You don't like kids?" I ask, confused. "Oh no! I love kids, I just-"She starts and a shutter roles through her body again. "Let's go outside, fresh air." I suggest and she nods. I hold the door for her and follow her over to the side of the building. "I lost my family in a bad fire." She says and my face falls. "I am so sorry." I consul. "Yeah, my parents and my three little siblings." She frowns. "The girls, they remind you of them." I acknowledge and she nods. "I just miss them so much." She stutters through sobs and I wrap my arms around her. "It gets better." I say honestly. "How do you know?" She questions. "Oh my darling, I've been through hell and back. But I know this, whenever it gets bad, and it can't get any worse, it can only get better from there. I've been there, I can attest to this." I smile and she nods, not asking any questions. "Good, I need to know someone like that exists." She says and I frown. "You, are welcome to come over anytime you need a person. I'll be that person for you." I say and she nods.