Chapter 3

"Seth! Please come and choose what shirt you want to wear on Christmas!" I say and he comes charging into the room with Jaden on his back and throws her playfully onto the bed. Emily and John come running in giggling behind them. "Okay sillys! Can I borrow daddy for a minute?" I ask and they sigh. "I guess." John says and looks down. "How about you ask Kim if she'll make you guys some lunch?" I ask and they nod before going into the kitchen. "Okay okay. So what do I need to do?" He asks, cluelessly. I laugh,"Just choose a shirt for Christmas." "Easy." He says and disappears into the closet. I roll my eyes and zip up my suitcase. "Okay, how about this?" He says holding up a tshirt. "What! No way! Come on, what if people actually come!" I say and take his shirt back to the closet. I pick out a button up shirt, and fold it neatly. "So when do you want to leave?" He asks. "Well, Christmas Eve is tomorrow so I vote tonight. The kids can sleep in the car, and then we'll have another day at your moms and Charlie's." I say and he nods. "Good plan boss!" He says and salutes playfully. "Your a dork." I say and kiss him before packing Elijah's clothes in a bag at vampire speed. "Okay, will you load up the car please? I'll go put the kids down for a nap." I say and he nods, taking the bags from our room. I pick up Elijah who is laying on our bed, and walk into the living room. "Children, it's nap time!" I say in a funny voice and they giggles. "Do we have to?" John whines. "Yes! Don't you want to have energy when we go see grandma sue and grandpa Charlie?" I ask and they perk up. "Last one up loses!" Jaden teases and runs upstairs, the other two following. I go upstairs, and into the twins room. "Okay twinnies, you better actually go to sleep, because if you don't remember, we have cameras everywhere." I say winking. "Goodnight Momma." They say synchronized. I kiss each of them, the turn off the lights, and close the door. "Emmy, I know you are seven now, so I will allow you to not take a nap. But! You do need to be quiet because the twins and Elijah are both sleeping." I say and she nods. I kiss her forehead, before leaving the room, and putting Elijah into his crib in the room next door. I go downstairs and check the clock. 2:45. "Seth! I'm going to go to the store! We need things for dinner!" I say and he responds with a be careful from the garage. I go outside and get into my white BMW, and drive to our grocery store. I get out of the car and ignore the usual stares. I guess people still aren't used to me being here. "Alexa!" Someone calls and I turn around. It's my friend Kally. I met her soon after I moved here. "Hey girl!" I say, and grab a cart. "What are you doing for the holidays?" She asks, pushing her cart along side me. "We are leaving to visit Seth's mother later today!" I say and she nods. "Lucky you. You get to leave this dumb town." She says and I laugh. Kally hates it here. She grew up in New York City, and still isn't used to small town life. "Okay, well I'll call you later! I have to hurry, the kids only nap for so long." I say and she nods. "I understand! Emily and Karly are not only alike in best friend ways." She says and I laugh, before waving and weaving my way through the store. I check out and rush home, wanting to start dinner before they wake up. "Seth! I'm home!" I say, and he rushes into the kitchen. "Welcome back." He says and kisses my cheek. "Anything I can do to help?" He asks. "You can start chopping up the veggies in that bag?" I say pointing to a bag. He nods, and right on cue Elijah let's out a cry. "I'll get him!" I say and go upstairs into his nursery. "Hi my baby." I say, lifting him out of his blue crib, and stroking his hair out of his face. He sucks on his pacifier sleepily, and rests against my chest. I go downstairs, and put him into his little automatic swing. Seth and I finish cooking dinner, and he goes up to get the other three while I feed Elijah his baby food. DING! The doorbell rings, and I shout, "I'll get it!" I open our door to see two little girls. They are dressed in Pajama's, and holding a note. "Hello." I say, and their eyes roam around, looking afraid. I look outside to see if there is a car, but see nothing. I pick the girls up and call Seth downstairs. "Who is this?" He asks, in shock. I open the note, as the little girls cling to me. "Spencer and Hope apparently. I found them here with this note." I say, widening my eyes in shock. "Alexa. You know we already have 4 beautiful children." He says, reading my mind. "Seth. We can't just let them be. What do you want to do? Put them in foster care? Most of those kids are in their until they turn eighteen!" I say and he sighs. "What are we going to tell my mother and Charlie." He says, giving in and I beam. "Do you want to stay with us" I say bouncing them on my hip, as I walk into the kitchen where my kids are eating. "Momma, did you just get us another sibling?" Emily asks. "Actually I got two." I say, and kiss their heads. "What is her name?" Jaden asks, her mouth full of food. "Spencer and Hope."I say and they smile. "I like them." John says, and the others agree. Elijah pats his hands on the table of his high chair, and we all laugh. "This is crazy." Seth whispers into my ear later as we load the kids into our car. "I think that we are doing good for the world. I don't want any of these kids ever to feel any lack of love." I say and he smiles at me as we buckle our seat belts. "You are the most amazing person I have ever met." He says, and I blush. He takes my hand, as I hold Spencer's sleeping body to me, and Hope struggles to keep her eyes open.We drive to Sue and Charlie's in peace. That lasted the whole trip. Then we got to their house, and I saw the last person I wanted to see. My demon of a sister.