Chapter 25

The Denali coven arrived first, as suspected. They gushed over me, remembering the one day they met me, but unfortunately did not know how to cure the cancer. The chemo sucks, and my stomach hurts even worse. I haven't been able to keep anything down for weeks.
"Alexa, can I get you a blanket?" Tanya asks. "I have four. Thanks." I say bitterly. She looks hurt and I groan. "I'm sorry, I'm usually not like this." I say. "It's alright, you can act however you feel."she says. I guess you could say I feel bitter. "Mommy!" Hope and Spencer say running in. "Hi babies!" I say and pull them into bed on each side of me. "Hello gorgeous." Seth grins and I crack a smile. "Oh please." I say and he shrugs. "Where's Olive?" I ask. "Downstairs, she's asleep. Should I bring her up." He says. I nod greedily, "pretty please." He laughs and exits. "So darlings, did daddy get Jaden, John, Emmy and Max to school?" I ask. "Yes, but he was wate." Spencer says. "Why am I not surprised." I exaggerate and they giggle. "Is that funny?" I ask. They nod, still smiling. "Well you know who is here?" I ask and they shake their heads. "The tickle monster!" I shout and tickle them until they are laughing so hard they are tearing up. "Oops! Silly monster!" I joke and they giggle. I wrap my arms around my two year olds and kiss both of their heads as they relax into me. "Is that my Olive!" I exclaims as Olive comes running up to the door. "Yep!" She says and hops onto the low hospital bed. "You've gotten so big!" I joke, I saw her last night. "Have not." She sasses back. "Okay miss sassy!" I say and she giggles. "I heard we have company!" Edward shouts as he walks back into the room with Seth. "Grandpa!" Olive and Hope shout, Spencer fell asleep already... Not surprising. "Hello littles! Who wants to take a field trip?" He asks. "I do!" I exclaim and uncover myself from the pile of blankets. "Alexa..." He starts. "I'm fine! Seth, wheelchair please." I sass and sit down in the chair, holding Spencer. "Where to?" I ask. "Piano room." He say and I grin. "Perfect!" I say and wait for Seth to finish transferring my equipment to the chair. "Who are the next guests?" I ask as we go down the long hallway. "The Amazon sisters." Edward says and Seth groans. "They're so creepy lex." He says and I laugh. "Sounds fun." I say. "You'll like them."Bella says joining us. "I'll like anyone who wants to help." I say. We turn the last corner and are in the big open piano room. "Who's first?" Bella asks. "Go ahead pops, I'll beat you anyways." I say and he grimaces. He starts to play my mothers lullaby for the millionth time, which I'm almost convinced is the only thing he knows, and Seth leans over to whisper. "Your not actually playing are you?" He asks, like a good concerned husband of a dying wife would. "Seth my hands aren't dying." I whisper back and he chuckles. "I know that. Just checking." He says and i reach up to kiss his cheek. The familiar lullaby ends and we clap for him, the only one still impressed is Bella, shocker. "Your up rookie." Edward jokes and I grin. I hand Spencer over to Seth and wheel the two feet away. "What are you going to play?" Hope asks, walking up to the bench. I smile and pull her onto the bench. "Watch." I say and kiss her hand quickly. I start off with something slow, and happy peaceful tune, then it escalates slowly into a repetitive aggressive tune(the cancer.). Then it slows down a bit into the main melody, staying in the middle soft. "If my ears are not failing me, that must be my prize jewel playing!" Aro says walking in, surprising everyone. "Hello Aro." Hope says and he smiles at her. "And this must be... Hope!" He grins. "How'd you know!" He asks, truly fascinated. "Well Spencer is always asleep." He jokes and sits down on the other side of me. "How are you?" I ask casually, still playing the piano. "Well I suppose I should be asking you that." He says. I sigh and end the piece, "and I suppose you already know." "Such a smart girl you've got!" He beams at Seth. "Yeah, yeah, I know I'm fantastic." I roll my eyes. "Sassy too." Aro jokes and I grimace. "Come, the others are thrilled to see you." He says, placing Hope on his shoulders and wheeling me out. "What others!" I groan. "You didn't think the rest of the coven would miss this!" Aro exclaims and wheels me downstairs where the entire volturri coven stands around, setting my family on edge. "Hello everyone." I say, taking in a surprised breathe. "Alexa! Come sit". Cauis suggests and I nod before switching to the couch. "So Alexa? How are you?" He asks. "Cancerous." I say and he chuckles. "So I've heard. We will stay to help until you're cured." Aro adds. "Well I wouldn't get your hopes up unless you know how to stop unfamiliar cells to stop growing and vampire blood to stop being itself." I say, letting them down as easy as I can. "Alexa, if you don't stop being so damn depressing I am going to scream." Emmet says and Rose hits his arm. "Language!" Esme shouts and covers Olive's ears. He shrugs. "Well that's the thing, we think we have a way Alexa." Aro says and Alice just about drops the glass of water in her hand. "Well! Let's hear it!" Seth says impatiently. Aro growls but proceeds to explain. "In Italy, there is a treatment used to stop growth. A weird thing really, but essentially it's like radiation, but in huge doses, injected into the site of infection. "I'm cancerous everywhere..." I say. "You see that's the only draw back, were going to have to inject you continuously in multiple places. "Alexa.." Seth starts. "No, I'll do it. I'll do anything." I say and kiss Seth's hand comforting. "Well, then let's get you upstairs." Carlisle says and we proceed up to the Hospital room where I lay in my familiar bed. "You're going to feel a little pinch." Carlisle says and hooks up my IV again. Seth lays in bed next to me, everyone is in the room, Alice holds Spencer who is still asleep, Rose has Hope and Esme has Olive. Just after Carlisle finishes the first round of painful injections, and door downstairs slams. I try to reach for the kids but can't. "Seth, the kids." I say and he nods, concern crossing his face. He pulls the kids into bed next to me and stands behind the bed protectively. "Alexa, who is here-" Jasper asks but is cut off by my obnoxious twin sister. "What the hell is this." She exclaims and I groan. "Hello Renesmee." I say, mom and dad hug her immediately. "Yeah yeah, I would like to know why this house is filled with Volturri and the Denalis, and also why my sister is hooked up to machines and looks like a ghost." She complains. "Well, that is all my fault." I say. "What, did you kill someone?" She asks sarcastically. "No but someone is dying." I say and she gasps. "Who! Why!" She says. "My god you're an idiot! It's Alexa! She's dying of cancer"Seth says and the words piece right through her evil skin and into her frozen heart. "You're dying?" She asks tearing up.