Ambitions

Chapter 32

(Alex's P.O.V)

"Alex what if we don't win?" Tegan asked me for the fourth time, raising her eyebrows. I sighed and placed my hands on her sides, smiling at her lightly. "Honey, you guys are going to do great" I reassured, brushing a piece of hair out of her face, kissing her cute nose. I heard her sigh as I felt her head lay on my shoulder, holding me close to her.

Tegan and Sara had been nominated for 'Album of the Year' and 'Best Duo' at an awards ceremony in Los Angeles tonight and it's all Tegan could talk about for the past hour. "Why don't we go get something to eat to take your mind off of this, okay?" I asked, attempting to try and distract her for a little while. "Sure" She finally said, grabbing her sunglasses from the coffee table.

I felt Tegan's hand slip into mine as we walked out of the hotel, hearing the familiar clicks of the camera's as the photographers shouted random questions at us. "Lets go to a small restaurant instead of a fancy one" Tegan suggested, her lips close to my ear so that I could hear her over the shouting. "Sure" I replied, feeling her pull me towards her favorite restaurant.

We stepped into a small family-owned restaurant with a couple small families sitting in some of the booths. There were old advertising signs from the 1950s hanging on the wall and the floors were checkered black and white with red booths and seats.

I sat across from Tegan in a booth, watching her smile as she looked all around the restaurant. Finally her bright eyes landed on mine with a grin "I love this place" she stated, running her fingers over the wooden tables. I chuckled at how excited she was, watching the waitress walk over to our table. "Hi I'm Lexi and I'll be your waitress today, what can I get for you guys?" She asked, her eyes never leaving Tegan's body.

I felt jealousy fill me as I watched Tegan look up from her menu innocently to find the waitress staring at her intensely. "Um, what do you want honey?" She asked, taking my hand in hers. I couldn't help but smirk as the waitress looked at us in disbelief, frowning slightly. "Just a burger and a water" I said, watching her nod and order the same thing with a different drink.

I watched the waitress leave to put our order in before turning to look at Tegan again, finding her eyeing me suspiciously. "Were you watching her ass?" She questioned, glaring at me slightly. I stared at her shocked for a few seconds before I could finally find the words to say. "What? No, she was checking you out so I was glaring at her as she left..." I confessed, staring down at the table as I heard Tegan chuckle softly.

I pouted and finally lifted up my head to look at her, finding her smiling at me. "I did notice her staring at me, but that's why I grabbed your hand, to show her that I was taken by the insanely hot girl sitting across from me." She said with a smirk, causing me to blush. When our food finally arrived we ate slowly, talking to each other rarely as we both looked out of the window at the people outside wearing shorts and tank tops.

"It'll be a little hot out tonight for the awards show, are you sure you want to wear a suit?" Tegan asked, looking over at me as she lifted her hand up to shield her eyes from the sun. "I'll be fine honey, what were you thinking about wearing?" I asked, taking my sunglasses off and placing them on her face so she wouldn't have to hold her hand up anymore. "If it cools off a little bit I might wear a suit" she finally said after thinking it over for a little while. I smiled and nodded my head, starting to feel excited for tonight.

We heard children laughing and running around as we walked near a park, Tegan looking over at the kids with a smile. "Aren't they cute?" She asked, causing me to smile and nod, watching the kids play tag in the grass.

I watched as a little boy pushed a small girl down near Tegan and I and I frowned, walking over to the small crying girl to pick her up and dust her off as the boy laughed at the girl. "Why did you push her?" I asked, watching the boys eyes go wide from fear. "S.. She took my toy.." The boy said, staring down at the concrete. I frowned and wiped a tear from the small girls cheek, smiling at her as she started to calm down. "Did you take his toy?" I asked, watching the girl nod shyly. "But it's not nice to take things from people, or to push them down." I said, staring at the two children. The both nodded in response to my small lecture, the girl handing the boy back his toy. "Now go back with your friends" I said, watching as they ran back to the larger group of kids.