Sandtail's Kits and the Sour Kit

Hey all you people! Thank you all, for the comments, fans and votes! I don't own Warriors!

The next moon passed quickly, or at least for Sandtail it did. Minttail had her kits, named Sagekit, a black she kit, Finchkit, a calico she kit, and Truthkit, a golden tabby tomkit. Lionfoot was overjoyed. Bluestripe also had her kits, Lakekit, a blue gray she kit, Blazekit, a brown tabby tomkit, and Flowerkit, a light gray she kit. Ferndapple also had her kits, a gray and white one named Mousekit, and a pale grayish white kit named Mistykit. Illuminatedpath's kits were the oldest, and then Minttail's, then Bluestripe's, and the youngest were Ferndapple's kits. Now only Sandtail was waiting for her kits to come. Finally, one morning, they wanted to come.

"Are the new kits here?" Lakekit asked for the tenth time.

"No," Bluestripe meowed. "Why don't you kits go and play outside?"

"I'll watch them," Illuminatedpath meowed.

"I think we should all come, it'll give our medicine cats more space, and you might have trouble watching eight kits," Ferndapple laughed. "But if you need anything, we'll be back here in a flash, okay?"

"Sure," Sandtail meowed, trying not to gasp in pain.

"Not much longer," Fallingheart meowed.

"Ow!" Moonmask meowed, falling to the ground. Then to Sandtail she meowed, "Not me too!"

"It'll be better this way!" Fallingheart meowed sharply. "You shouldn't be having kits in the first place!"

"I know!" Moonmask hissed. "But they won’t be mine, they'll be Sandtail's!"

"Good thing that you're probably only having one," Fallingheart meowed quieter. "The clan hopefully won't know the difference. But you have to stop seeing that tom, only at gatherings, and not very much."

"No promises," Moonmask hissed in pain.

Sandtail wanted to laugh, but she was engulfed in too much pain to laugh. Please let this be over soon!

Once the kits had come, Sandtail licked her kits. She had a total of four kits, five if you include Moonmask's kit. Sandtail had a golden kit, that looked a lot like herself, and a light brown kit that looked like Thornheart, a caramel kit that looked like Morningleaf, and a black kitten with a splash of white on its chest. Moonmask's kit was light silver, like herself, except it had a darker shade of gray on its muzzle, above its eyes, and on the tip of its tail. Oh please StarClan, don't let anyone think that it looks like Smokevine!

"What's its name?" Sandtail whispered. "Before Thornheart comes in."

"Smokekit," Moonmask meowed, standing up and shaking herself.

A moment later, Thornheart came running into the den.

"Sandtail, are you all right?!" Thornheart meowed, leaping across the nursery to her side.