13. Nimisha (Zayn)

Woohoo (: finally got another one done. Thanks for requesting this! Enjoy (: @NimishaSharma

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m Sorry I Couldn’t Make It Tonight read the little card that Nimisha held in her hands. She thanked the delivery man, closed the door, and set the flower vase that was just handed to her down on the kitchen counter, next to 3 other bunches of flowers that were all still alive.

This was the fourth date that Zayn had missed in two weeks. Three other times, he promised he’d be home, but canceled on her last minute. His go to plan was flowers, it was always flowers.

It was a nice gesture at first, but Nimisha got sick of the flowers quickly. They were nice after a fight, or when he just wanted to surprise her, but these flower deliveries were different. They were Zayn’s way of saying he had to cancel.

Nimisha picked up her phone and dialed Zayn’s number, like always. After three rings, he answered.

“Got the flowers?” He asked in an apologetic voice.

“Yep. Too busy for tonight?” She sighed, running her fingers through her straight black hair.

“I’m sorry babe. Last minute interview. We can reschedule for tomorrow, if that makes it better?”

“No, Zayn I can’t. I have that big test Wednesday, and I have to spend all day studying tomorrow, otherwise I fail.”

“We’ll find another day to go out, it’s ok.”

“Will we, Zayn? Are you sure about that? Cuz if it’s not an interview, it’s a premiere or a meet and greet or some other last minute thing that you never seem to know about until the day of.”

“Well your schedule isn’t exactly helping either, babe. It’s not like you’re ever free when I am.”

“I’m sorry, I’m in college. I’m actually trying to do something with my life. And it isn’t easy. You shouldn’t be blaming me for you canceling on me. Again.”

“I know I’m busy, and I’m sorry. What do you want me to do? Cancel the interview? Cuz I would. If I could. But you and I both know that I can’t.”

“I know, I know. It just sucks that I can’t even see my own boyfriend anymore, and I’m getting tired of this. I feel like you’re not even trying anymore.” She argued, although she didn’t mean to sound like she was angry at him, just the situation.

“At least I sent flowers! I could have been like other guys and not done anything to make up for it.” He protested.

“Zayn, I don’t care about the flowers! They’re lovely, yes. But I see more flowers than I see you.”

“So what are you saying, Nimisha? What do you want?”

“I WANT YOU. But apparently I can’t have that. So maybe… maybe we should just give up.”

“Give up? Are you serious?”

“I don’t know, Zayn. I don’t know. I have to go. Bye.” She quickly hung up the phone so that her boyfriend wouldn’t hear her starting to cry.

Her body fell to the floor as she let out an insane amount of tears. Normally, when crying, she’d start slow and then as she thought about what happened, her crying would get more intense. But not this time. She instantly started sobbing at the thought of ending things with Zayn. They’d been together for a year and a half, and besides their busy schedules, their relationship was perfect.

She stayed on the floor of her kitchen for what felt like the entire night trying to gather herself. At 10:30, she dragged herself to her room and changed into plaid pajama pants and a comfy t-shirt. She sat on her bed watching friends for an hour until she heard a knock at the door.

“Not more flowers”, Nimisha mumbled to herself. She brought herself to the door to be surprised by the sight of Zayn standing there, flowerless. But he was holding something behind his back.

“What are you doing here?” She asked him a little more rudely than intended.

“I got here as soon as my interview ended. Look… I know I’m busy, and you’re busy, and everything sucks right now. But I can’t let you go. I could NEVER let you go. We’re gonna make it through this, and we’re gonna come out stronger than ever, ok? Don’t cry. I’m right here.” He stopped and waited for her response, but Nimisha didn’t say anything. She just looked at him, unsure of how to respond. When she didn’t answer, Zayn continued. “To prove that I DO have time for you…. Here.” He handed her a large caramel colored Build-A-Bear that was holding an envelope.

Nimisha shot him a confused look, to which he replied “Open it.”

Inside the envelope was a printed off receipt for two plane tickets to Hawaii. Again, she was speechless, but this time in a good way.

“I cleared a week out of my schedule. I picked the week you’re off from school. I know how much you need a vacation, and you know how much I need to see you. I was gonna wait till Christmas to plan a vacation, but…. We needed to spend time together much sooner.”

“Zayn…. You didn’t have to.” She grinned widely at the dark haired boy standing in her door way. “But I’m so glad you did!” She jumped and pulled her boyfriend in to a tight hug. “I can’t wait!”

“Me too, baby. Me too.” Zayn smiled back at her before placing a kiss on her forehead.