"It's okay, Honey. I'll clean it up." Mrs. Fuentes says while Mr. Fuentes yells at Vic for hitting me or something.

With everything happening at once I burst into tears and pull my knees up to chest.

"I-I'm sorry." I sob. "Please don't hurt m-me. I'm sorry."

Mr. Fuentes grabs Vic by the arm and drags him out of the room while Mrs. Fuentes walks cautiously around to me.

"Kellin, no one's going to hurt you." She lulls kneeling down next to me avoiding the shards of glass.

She raises her hand and I flinch away sobbing harder.

"Hey, hey, Sweetie, I'm not going to hurt you. It's okay." She whispers raising her hand towards me again.

There's just something about her calming voice that relaxes me and I don't flinch as she runs her fingers through my hair.

"There's nothing to be sorry about, okay?" She whispers and I nod. "Take your food then go sit in the living room and eat. I'll clean this mess up and bring you in another glass of water."

I nod and stand up grabbing my food. She ruffles my hair and smiles before I go into the living room. I awkwardly sit on sofa that I sat on yesterday and start eating my food again. A minute later Vic comes into the room with Mr. Fuentes following behind him. He stops in front of me looking exasperated.

"I'm sorry for hitting you." Vic says rolling his eyes.

"It's okay." I whisper. "I'm sorry for annoying you."

Vic looks at me shocked for a second before sneering at me.

"So you should be." He spits before storming out of the room.

"You didn't have to apologize Kellin, you didn't do anything wrong." Mr. Fuentes frowns.

I just shrug and continue eating. Mrs. Fuentes walks into the room holding a glass of water. She hands me the glass and I take it gratefully. I drink some water before resting it on the coffee table in front of me. Mr. Fuentes sits down on the floor in front of me as Mrs. Fuentes sits down next to me.

"Kellin, Vivian and I want you to understand something." Mr. Fuentes begins. "We're not going to hurt you. We won't hit you if you do something wrong. We're not those type of people. We're not going to make you do chores all day and we're not going to starve you. You can do what you like, within reason of course. You can eat what you like, whenever you like, even if you're feeling hungry at three in the morning. And if you ever need anything, don't be afraid to ask. You got that?" Mr. Fuentes says and I nod tearing up a little.

"No one's ever been so nice to me before." I whisper. "Thank you."

"It's our pleasure Honey." Mrs. Fuentes smiles as she gently squeezes my shoulder.

Mr. Fuentes smiles before he stands up.

"I'm going to give Vic some chores to do." He speaks nodding at Mrs. Fuentes. "That's another thing. He's not allowed to hit you like that Kellin."

"It's okay. It didn't hurt, it just scared me." I explain honestly.

"Okay, well if he does it again, make sure you tell us." Mr. Fuentes smiles.

I nod and he leaves the room.

"So Kell, we need to make a list of stuff we need to get you while we're out." Mrs. Fuentes says grabbing a pen and notebook off of the coffee table. "Okay, what size are you in shirts?" She asks and I shrug.

"I don't know." I whisper.

"That's okay, we can work it out when we get there." She smiles. "We'll get you a toothbrush and some other toiletries."