t w o

"We accept the love we think we deserve" - Stephen Chbosky

 I was nodding off, the papers in my hand slipping towards the floor

 I was nodding off, the papers in my hand slipping towards the floor. It was a quarter past seven and I tried to rub some of the sleep out of my eyes. I had stayed out way too late the night before. I looked around the shop regretting my decision to get up so early this morning. By the time I had my hair washed and was all tucked into bed, it was verging on half past one in the morning. I felt so old. What other twenty-something year old girl would feel like one a.m. was way too late? I glanced at my phone annoyingly realizing I had already been here for almost an hour pulling dresses and organizing.

I worked for hours, spending most of my time on placing the dresses on the figures or putting them back in their protective bags. Contrary to what the T.V. shows make you think, wedding dresses are hard to deal with. All the fancy material, strings, and different decorations made getting into them nearly impossible. I worried about the material on the floor, checking to make sure none of the dresses had stains on them.

I decided to take a break around noon when my tummy started growling. Taking a seat on one of the couches, I pulled out some take out menus we had hidden in one of the drawers. Removing my phone from my pocket I began my search for something to eat. I hadn't been looking at them long before I was interrupted by my ringtone. Without looking I picked it up, answering the call.

"This is Erin with Little White Dress Bridal, how may I help you?" I heard snickering on the other end of the line. Quickly glancing at the screen, I realized it was a call from Clara. "Sorry, you know that's a habit, What's up?" I flipped open the page of another menu.

"Oh my god, I have to talk to you about last night!" I pulled the phone away from my ear, a little freaked out by her sudden yelling. "Are you still at the shop?"

I nodded my head slightly before realizing she couldn't see me. "Yeah, I'll probably be here for a little while longer; you can come over if you want. Don't know how much you want to hang out at work, though," I suggested, flipping to another take out menu. Nothing seemed appealing to me at the moment even though my stomach was about to eat itself.