Chapter 51 - "Fake Asses."

Start from the beginning

"These type of things may not interest you guys but.......I love it." Noah smiled, glaring at a picture of JFK. "I love to see where the roots of our nation came from."

Isaiah tucked in his lips, nodding his head and cradling his shoulders.

"Um......I cussed out Carlos and alla' dem for makin' fun of you about yo' cuttin' situation." Isaiah nodded, glancing at the painting.

Noah's cheerful face flushed into a blank one thinking about the other day when he was being made fun of. As he glanced down at the ground, Isaiah placed his tongue on the side of his mouth and nodded his head again.

"My fault fo' not jumpin' in to help you with Q and all that stu-"

"Aye aye aye, it's cool. I can fight my own battles." Noah said, shaking his head. "Even though I lost that fight, it's alright. I chose to fight myself."

Noah glanced at Isaiah, giving him a blank look.

"Have you spoke to Q recently?" Noah asked.

"Nope. Nigga held a gun to me last time we spoke." Isaiah growled. "I ain't talked to his traitor ass since...."

As Noah glanced back at the painting, Isaiah scrunched his lips up and gave him a weird look. He really wanted Noah to tell him that he had cancer, and the fact that Noah wasn't opening up to him bothered him a little.

"Is there anything you need to tell me that got you cuttin' like dat, Noah?" Isaiah asked. "I mean you can't be doin' that fo' no reason..."

Noah shook his head, yawning afterwards.

"No." Noah lied. "I just wanted some attention, that's all."

"You positive?" Isaiah asked, trying to get it out of him.

"Yep." Noah grinned, lying again.

"Alright."

Isaiah was really upset with the fact that Noah wasn't comfortable with telling him about his disease. He figured since they were brothers, they could share this type of shit with each other. Guess not. Noah smiled as Isaiah, giving him a big grin.

"You know what I want, right?"

Isaiah's eyes widened as he backed away from Noah.

"Oh hell no." Isaiah mumbled. "Hell no!"

As Isaiah tried to get away, Noah grabbed him. As Isaiah leaned back, Noah grabbed the sides of his face and kissed Isaiah on the lips, catching the attention of the people inside of the museum.

"Why you gotta do dat shit in front of people, Noah?" Isaiah groaned, wiping his mouth and walking away.

"Don't worry, guys!" Noah smiled, placing his hands up. "He's my twin brother!"

Afterwards, Isaiah and Noah went to a local Applebee's close to the strip to catch up. Overall, it seemed like this is what Noah needed at the time. He just wanted some sort of sign that let him know that the people closest to him cared about him.

It seemed like Noah had his brother back. For now, at least. While out to eat, Isaiah got a phone call.

"Yo." Isaiah groaned.

"Aye man, Q got shot!"

It was Carlos. Isaiah's eyes widened as he lifted up in his booth.

"What?" Isaiah gasped.

"He in the hospital nah but the doctors won't let us see him." Carlos panted in a worried tone. "Shit, man....."

"I'm on my way."