3: I'm fighting, I don't wanna like it. But you know I like it

Start from the beginning

“Nah, I think I’ll take a dip” he gestured his head towards the pool behind him, ”Wanna join me?”

“I think I’ve had enough” I turned around and pushed the glass door aside and made my way to my room.

When I passed by the kitchen, I saw Luke behind his lab partner and checking her out while she was scribbling down things on a pad of paper.

I raised my eyebrows at Luke and gave him my death glare. He caught me staring and simply gave me a nod of acknowledgement.

I rolled my eyes and returned walking to my room.

If you think my brother is one of those perverts who just want to have some. He’s not.

It’s just a part of his act because of a broken heart. My brother was very vulnerable when he dated his first girlfriend freshmen year, Eli. She was very bubbly and nice. She even treated me like I was her own sister. But, she had to move to Chicago and she called things off with Luke before she moved away. My brother was pretty devastated at first, but he soon found out that Eli found another guy in Chicago. So, that made him furious. And now, he’s miserable. Well, not really. He did have some relationships, but they didn’t last very long because these girls he dated were just complete sluts.

 Honestly, I can’t quite understand my brother that much.

Monday morning, I did my usual routine.

I woke up, brushed my teeth, washed my face. And today, I decided to tie my blonde hair in a messy ponytail.

After pulling my lilac long sleeved t-shirt over my head, I slung my satchel over my shoulder and jogged downstairs.

Luke was eating French toast when I walked in the kitchen. He didn’t seem to notice I was there since he just kept eating mouthfuls of toast.

I wonder why girls have to eat smaller amounts and boys didn’t. It’s unfair that men can eat as much as they want without being embarrassed.

I set my glass of milk on the island after gulping down half of it. Luke was still there, still gobbling his toast. I poked his head and finally, he looked up.

“What?” he said with food in his mouth. His cheeks were so puffy! I wanted to squish them.

“Can you drive me to school today? Brett’s sick so I don’t have a ride. Please” I intertwined my fingers together and begged him. I even did the puppy dog face.

“But I still-“ he probably felt sorry for me since I used the puppy dog look. It always works on him, “Fine. But we need to pick up Miranda before getting there”.

“Who’s Miranda? Is she a girl?” I prop my chin on my fist and look at him with wide eyes.

“My lab partner. You know, brown hair, full lips, blue eyes” he pinpointed the features while explaining.

It took me seconds before I can process who she was, “Oh! that girl who went here the other day?”

Luke nodded and mumbled something under his breath. He then got up and picked up his keys. I picked up my satchel and trailed behind him.

Miranda was really nice to talk to. She asked Luke for a ride to school since her car broke down that day she went to our house. Bad luck much?

She was really sweet and bubbly too. She wasn’t one of those serious kinds. And another thing I really liked about her was that she doesn’t wear skimpy clothes. She simply wore a pair of jeans, flats and a white blouse. She looked like an angel. I know that was too exaggerated but she really did look like one.