Chapter 50 - "Gun cocked, gunshot!"

Start from the beginning

"You sat there by yo' brothers side as we all made fun of him for being a suicidal weak piece of shit, sat there as I embarrassed his ass in front of Carlos and everybody, and watched me beat the shit out of him without jumping in to help him until his ass was bleeding out of his nose! Now you tryna square up?" Q barked. "What kind of man is you?"

"'Scuse me?"

"As a matter of fact, I'll go against my word and say a word that I vowed not to say." Q grinned, keeping the gun pointed to him. "You's a punk. ass. nigga."

Isaiah scrunched his eyebrows and reached for his back pocket, listening to the sound of Q's gun click.

"Go 'head and grab it." Q growled. "I dare you."

As Asha and Carlos stood nervously beside the two, Q tucked in his bottom lip and nodded his head.

"If somebody fuckin' with my family, I don't give a fuck who it is! I'm fuckin' em up! Ain't no way in hell i'ma watch my friends pick on my blood in front of me!" Q barked. "The hell do you think this is?"

Q smiled, lowering his gun and laughing at Isaiah.

"You's a pussy, Isaiah. I said it." Q spat as he folded his arms. "Fuck you gonna do?"

"Don't test me like you don't know, Q."

"Nah I do know. You ain't gonna do SHIT." Q barked. "If you'll let me attack your own family member in front of your face, you's a punk!"

"I'm outta here." Isaiah growled, shaking his head grabbing his bag.

"And yo' brothers a punk for puttin' his hands on a female but when he fought me he got his ass beat. Tell him to step to more men!" Q barked as Isaiah stepped out the door. "The only difference is he's a pussy WITH cancer! Remember that, Isaiah!"

Isaiah stepped out on the porch of Carlos's home, right behind where I was sitting. He dropped his bag and punched the wooden railing by me, breaking it in half and sitting down in Carlos's chair. He covered up his face, taking deep breaths to calm himself down.

If that was old Isaiah in there, Q would've been dead. I looked up at him, blowing the smoke out of my mouth and looking away.

"I'm sorry, Isaiah." I mumbled, cradling my shoulder and looking away.

"Why you ain't tell me, Josh?"

"I promised Noah that I wouldn't te-"

"Fuck that, Josh! My brother could die!" Isaiah barked. "Do you know what it would feel like lookin' in the mirror noticing that my twin fuckin' brother is in the grave?"

"I couldn't get involved, Isaiah." I said, shaking my head. "I gave Noah my word."

At this point, I felt that I should tell Isaiah exactly how I felt.

"Honestly, I agree with Q." I said, not holding back.

"What?" Isaiah scoffed, removing his face from his hands.

"He was right." I growled. "Why didn't you help Noah as Q was kicking his ass?"

"Noah told me to let him deal with his own fight. Plus, Noah is a grown ass man." Isaiah snarled. "He can handle himself and make his own decisions."

"But that doesn't excuse you from sticking up for him. Noah went to jail AND studied law for four months straight just to get you out of serving 50 years." I snarled back. "He stood up to twelve jurors for something he KNEW you did. Blood is thicker than water, Isaiah. You know that."

"I didn't know that he had cancer, Josh."

"But did you ever bother to ask him what was wrong?" I scoffed. "The only person who seems concerned is Aunt Shay and she's the only one who's been trying to get in touch with him."