Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

-

It's already nine in the evening when Shanshan arrived at the nearby restaurant around where Chanyeol is residing the whole stay in China.

"You look so dashing even if you're just wearing simple denim pants and fitted shirt," Shanshan kissed Chanyeol on the cheeks.

"And so you are, Mabel," Chanyeol lets Shanshan lead the way. He prefer calling her Mabel than Shanshan.

"So, tell me about him!" Shanshan called the waiter and gave their orders.

"Baekhyun. . ." Chanyeol paused and dreamily smiled. "I love him so much. He's been with my family since we were young back then. Our parents died together when our mansion was burned by our competitors in the corporate world. . ." All of a sudden, memories started flashing back on his mind. It's been years yet the memories are still fresh.

"Sehun! Where are you?!" Chanyeol shouted, trying to avoid the flames of fire falling down from the roof of their mansion.

"H-hyung. . ." Chanyeol moves faster to find where Sehun's voice is coming. "O-over here!" Chanyeol finds Sehun hugging an unconscious Baekhyun on his arms. "Hyung! Help me! Baek-hyung lost senses!"

The rescue team arrived by the time when Chanyeol managed to take Sehun and Baekhyun out of the almost ashen Park mansion. He holds on the nearest person when the firemen passed by bringing two women and two men. He recognized them as his mom and dad and Baekhyun's parents.

They are gone now.

"You okay?" Shanshan reached for Chanyeol because he's looking on the mid-air absentmindedly.

"Y-yes. Sorry. I just remembered everything," Shanshan smiled. "Continuing my story, we offered Baekhyun a shelter and a familyㅡit's my brother and Iㅡbut he refused on accepting it. Instead, he ran away and we lost informations about him. I sent Sehun to China for my auntie to take care of him. I've lived alone being a student at day and a trainee at night for years."

"When I successfully managed our companies, I let Sehun came back to Korea and so I tried finding Baekhyun's whereabouts. I'm glad he accepted my offer this time and it's when our relationship started. I've never felt being completed as a whole since the day we lost our parents. Baekhyun brought happiness in our lives once again."

"Wow!" Shanshan gulps. "You're in good hands, indeed."

"I know and I hate myself for jerking on him," Chanyeol took the fork and played with the pasta in front of him. "I hope when I came back to Korea, he's still there, willing to hear my explanations."

"Don't worry too much. I believe he will hear your explanations. I haven't heard much about him but I know he's a good person."

"He is, Mabel. And I'm lucky to have him," Chanyeol smiled as he whisper to himself internally. "Wait for me, Baekhyun."

-

-

"Are you sure this is where you work?" Baekhyun asked still holding a tight grip on Sehun's wrist as he roam his eyes around the whole vicinity.

"Yes, why?" Sehun led Baekhyun to his place. There's too many people in the venue and most of them are drunktards right now.

"Is this even a legal work, Sehun?" Baekhyun whined when someone stepped on his foot. "Ouch! Watch out kid!"

"Sorry!"

"Yes, this is legal. I am a DJ here and not a drug syndicate!" Sehun half-jumped, still leading Baekhyun on their way where his things are all located.