Chapter 30

Sensation. Freedom. Power. Strength. Determination. Choices. And most importantly, fate.

Everything was white. I was surrounded by white.

It was so white that I almost thought I was turning blind.

Was this a dream?

I couldn't believe that everything was just white so I looked around. I was on a surface but it was also white. So it seemed as if I was floating on nothing.

"Where am I?" I thought.

I started walking. I could do that at least.

I kept walking. I had no idea where I was going either. Everything felt so strange to me. The more I walked, the more things grew faint.

I kept walking further until I saw a black area.

I assumed it was my way out so I started running. As I kept running, I noticed that the black room was incredibly far away.

The more I ran, the more it seemed that it was further away.

Actually. The room kept shifting back each time I tried to go near it.

I closed my eyes. I was trapped in this place. It didn't seem like I was going to escape.

Suddenly, I opened my eyes and sent a sharp glare towards the black area. I was going to leave whether it was the last thing I do.

I resumed my running. This time a voice in my head began to question my actions.

"Are you sure you want to leave? There will be no going back if you do."

I held no emotion on my face as I continued running.

No more second thoughts, no more turning back.

I ran into the dark room and everything surrounding it turning black also.

I soon felt something wet and warm on my hands

I stared down and saw the blood that had started to drip. Instead of trying to clean my hands dry, I began to rub the blood all over my face.

It was still fresh and so warm against my skin.

I started to chuckle. That chuckle soon turned into a full blown laugh and I stood there. Laughing my head off in the dark abyss and that's when I was certain that my new life was going to promise me something worth living for.

I stared at Peter's now dead body. One, two and three. I managed to kill three very important people in my life. Well, who had been in my life.

Yes. Everything that had happen was now in the past.

I had no moral code, nothing holding me back and the two people I cared about were no longer a setback for me. Nobody was tying me back, making me feel.

I no longer had to stare into Peter's innocent eyes and have mixed feelings. Regret was no longer in my books.

I was a new person. I single handily eliminated the first in command, Thomas Wilford. I got rid of Mari, the level three Demolisher with my charm. And Peter...

I also murdered my best friend clean off the earth.

The question that needed to be asked was: Why?

Why did I do all that? Well I finally had an answer. It was no longer a struggle to answer all the difficult question that used to run through my head.