Chapter 17

"Who are you?"

She huffed and removed the claw then waggled the same finger. "Too early Sebastian, too early."

"I don't care," I snapped. "How do you know who I am and why do you keep following me?"

"All answered will be answered but first you need to come with me," she said.

"Why the hell would I follow someone like you?" I questioned.

She displayed mock hurt. "Someone like me? I'm hurt Sebastian I really am."

"Stop saying my name, I don't even know you," I snapped.

She cocked her head to the side. "Don't you want to know more about me?"

"Actually I just want you to stop following me around like a freak and remove any knowledge you have of me," I told her.

"I can't exactly do that because you're an important source you see. That's why I'm not going to hurt you," she offered.

I scoffed. "Important source? I'm not going to become another one of you."

"I am the one who saved you from that Demolisher you encountered. You would have been dead meat," she countered.

"So you're the one who sent it," I sneered.

"You were the one who followed me even though that was part of the plan," she said with a light shrug.

I crossed my arms and she started walking away. "If I wanted to hurt you I could've done it all those times before. I am probably stronger and faster than you."

"What makes me believe you won't attack me now?" I asked.

She stopped walking but still had her back to me. "Because you chose to follow me. You listened and that's one thing. Even if it's significant."

I walked a bit faster when I noticed that she was walking again. I followed her. There were so many signs that I was walking into a death trap so why did I do that?

Confused. I was still confused about myself and I know. Following a Demolisher who could rip me apart was probably not the best idea but for some reason, there was something inside of me that told me my life would change.

The walk was surprisingly silent. For someone who was so obsessed with me, she sure wasn't the talker. I obviously didn't have a problem, if anything I was relieved.

It was starting to get dark which made the scenario ten times worse than it already was. To most people, we looked like two normal adults but if anyone had a very keen eye, they would've noticed something different about the woman in front of me.

Yes, she may have appeared human and acted relatively close to one but there was something about her that wasn't normal. Her voice was smooth. Too smooth and enchanting that it didn't sound humane. Her skin tone. I am aware that there are a lot of pale woman but damn, she couldn't shine any brighter.

I didn't ask any questions, not wanting to break the silence.

After a long time of silence, we arrived at a place I did not like. It was quite dark that I had to squint my eyes.

"We're going to the roof," she informed. I turned and saw her climbing a building. One thing I noticed about the place was that it shielded out the sky which made me feel uneasy. I slowly climbed up and kept aware of my surroundings. For all I knew, someone could kill me right there and then.