Chapter 25

It was over.

The exam was finished and it was all over.

Everyone who didn't die or get infected had passed and I was just thankful that the area behind the dome was spacious because a lot of people really did pass.

Some looked completely traumatised, some completely worn out and there were those who still had enough energy to smug and gloat.

I was also informed by Darius, who had obviously passed, that all of group six passed. Our whole team passed. At first, I thought it wasn't a big deal since most people passed but I later learnt that only a few groups kept all their teammates while the rest of the groups lost at least one person.

Which meant Velvet passed. I was satisfied to say the least that she passed but that was the only emotion I felt after I discovered she had passed. Satisfaction. I wasn't happy, I wasn't relieved. If I was honest, I didn't even worry as much. I wasn't like Peter who was nearly in tears when he told me that Brie was okay.

And I didn't know why.

Yes, I did not have any romantic feelings towards Velvet but even I thought that I shared some sort of connection with her and that we had also formed a good relationship that I could consider her as more than a teammate.

The only explanation was that I was so focused on the results. Yeah, I'd go with that.

Everyone soon became tense the more time passed. Peter wasn't even as goofy as he should've been. It was then that I saw in his eyes how bad he wanted to pass for real. He had worked incredibly hard. Harder than anyone I knew and he had always wanted to join TSN. After all, it was his idea.

In fact, I would certainly be pissed if I made it and he didn't. Injustice would've been written all over it but then again, it was something I would've expected from a bunch of untrustworthy people.

Sometimes I wondered why I wanted to join the force so much when I seemingly began to hate the people associated with it.

That's right. The need to kill.

I accepted that I did have a twisted desire for such a thing and the only thing I feared was making it public. I told myself that as long as I was still breathing, I would never let Peter know of my desire. I had no plan of lying to him but I just didn't want him to know or suspect.

He was the closest thing to a real family member that I had and I didn't want him to see me differently. That being said, if he didn't accept me maybe I was wrong about the friend I had.

I shook my head from such thinking. Now wasn't the right time to dive that deep when the situation well...wasn't that intense.

What brought me comfort about the situation was that I only had the desire to kill Demolishers so to people it may not have been so bad.

After some more time of waiting, some of the trainers brought a big screen and placed it at the front centre. One of them pressed a button on a remote and the screen turned on.

Soon all the trainers emerged and stood by. Everyone became quiet and watched expectantly. It was so quiet that a pin could be heard if it had fallen.

After the trainers came all the head commanders from Thomas to the twenty-fourth commander. Then it was the examiners and lastly, one man and woman whom was not present from before who both stood right beside the screen. They were both wearing white suits.

The man, who held a microphone, began. "The results of the chosen twenty-four will now be called out in no particular order."

He handed the mic to the woman. "After the results, the screen will now present where each of the twenty-four ranked according to how much skill, how much ability and determination they have shown their trainers and everyone else who have guided you all."