Prologue

Prologue

Dairy Entry

April 11 2002 15:07pm

Two months. It's been two months since our team tried to make history. Can't say we didn't achieve our aim but things didn't exactly go as planned. I know you are all very confused, angry even that the Government has been so confidential but today I decided not to keep quiet.

I don't exactly have a lot of time. I'm actually in a rush so bear with me and take into account this final piece of information I'm about to give you. Fifteen years. You all have fifteen years to control the spread now that the infection is incomplete. After that, the infection will take control and there will be absolutely no cure for the mutants. That was how I designed my drug, my drug that has failed me now.

These past two months weren't easy. Mutations have been occurring more frequently and are spreading more than the spread itself. We managed to quarantine the infected people we found and tried working on some medication but the drug is becoming stronger......too strong. Their skin tone has changed, backs have arched, their teeth has grown and are sharper than the ones of a wild beast and their nails have evolved into long, nicely-sharped claws. Not to mention the most obvious change: their eye colour.

And since it's obvious that the mutants are becoming less humane, we've set out a new name for them: Demolishers. It has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

One last thing I'd like to add and this too is absolutely vital. Do not and I mean do not underestimate them. These Demolishers are deadly and come in all different shapes and sizes like us humans. Some might have the mind of the beast while there are the rare ones that are still able to think. Demolishers that still have the knowledge of a human will most likely still keep their human appearance. Those will be one of the most dangerous. I hope that these letters reach out to you all otherwise you're all in trouble. Especially this one.

I can no longer stay here for I need to find better medical resources. During my departure I will leave my trustworthy scientists in charge. Well, I better be off now before anything-