Chapter 30 (Baby Talk)

Start from the beginning

      "Thanks babe, I will be down shortly," she smiled and Sapphire nodded, sending a steely gaze in Faiths direction.

Kaylyn left, leaving Faith to stand alone in the room.

#

Porridge and egg sandwiches were served at a small table in the kitchen. Kaylyn entered, noticing that Matthew only stood at the counter drinking what she presumed to be, coffee.

      "Good morning," she said politely, before taking a seat around the table.

      "Good morning," he greeted.

Sapphire grinned, realizing that Kaylyn and her daddy were getting along.

Matthew stood, watching Kaylyn over the rim of the cup as he drank his coffee. She looked better this morning, he thought, but he longed to see her baby bump. He knew it wasn't big- just a small mound but he wanted to see the baby's growth and he couldn't do that with the large clothing she wore. He appreciated her modesty, but heck.

Matthew's face hardened when he saw Faith entering the room. Averting his gaze, he took another sip of his coffee before he left the room.

Faith sighed watching him leave. "I'm going," she softly told Kaylyn whose head snapped up.

       "Faith, I-"

       "It's fine Kay. We'll talk," she said with a wan smile.

Kaylyn got up from around the table and hugged her tightly, knowing that amidst their little disagreement, Faith had always been a good friend. I'm sorry, she consoled.

      "I am too," she smiled and quickly pulled Kaylyn in again for another brief hug.

Faith left the room and moved towards the door when she almost bumped into Matthew. She paused, looking at him before she sighed after seeing the scowl that was etched on her face.

       "You better take care of her," she warned before she stepped past him. Matthew watched as she exited the house before he released a sigh of relief. He really did not like the woman at all.

#

Matthew sent Sapphire on a play date with her friend Judy in the afternoon, leaving him and Kaylyn to be the only occupant of the house. Even though Sapphire had protested, saying that she wanted to be with Kaylyn, Matthew had convinced her that she also had a friend who was looking forward to the play date. With a heavy heart she had left, but not before hugging, and advising Kaylyn to take rest.

Matthew also thought that Kaylyn needed the time to herself, so with Sapphire gone, she would get just that, even if it was just for a while.

Kaylyn, after showering that afternoon, stood before the mirror in just her bra and usual sweat pants. She stood side ways, examining the small bound, while her hand caressed the spot. She bit her lips and turned the other side, where she did the same thing. When she finally turned to the front, she managed a shaky smile, not being able to control the overwhelming wave of emotions that threatened to consume her.

Immediately moving towards the dressing table, she took up the glass of water she had bought up and reached for the container with the medications the doctor had prescribed. She swallowed the tiny tablet with great difficulty because she had never been a fan of taking them.

Placing the glass on the table, she then moved towards the bed and sat with her hand still on her stomach.

Looking down, she smiled. "Hi," she said softly. "You probably don't recognize me because I've never spoken to you before," she managed a small laugh. "But you'll be strong for me, won't you?" she asked, although knowing she wouldnt get a reply.

       "A lot of people are depending on you to be fine, OK? I want you to be fine and...",she trailed off and licked her lips. "Your daddy too and your sister. When you safely arrive here, I pro- I probably won't get to hold you or talk to you but..." she trailed off, not being able to continue without composing herself. It really hurt when she really took the time to consider the possibility that her life, as well as the baby's, may be gone in the next five months. She didn't want to get emotionally attached to it and so she sometimes distanced herself, not wanting to think about the life that rested in her. She didn't want to get attached because if it turned out that she lived, and the baby died, Kaylyn wasn't sure how she would get over that. It nevertheless was hard not to get attached when she knew she carried life.

Kaylyn slowly buried her face in the pillows as she cried, curling herself in a small ball while the tears created a stream down her face. Her sobs became a lullaby to her own ears, and soon she fell asleep with tear stained cheeks.

#

Matthew was sitting in his study, catching up on some work while he waited for Jason, when he heard the doorbell ring. Thinking that it must've been his friend he immediately rose from his chair and moved towards the door.

      "Took you long-" he stopped in mid-sentence when he realised that it was not his friend who was standing at his door, but Patrick Fisher.

Matthew ground his teeth, his hand tightening on the door knob. "What are you doing here, and what the hell do you want?" he sneered, and Patrick visibly swallowed.

__________________________________

Hey guys!! So I was planning on a double update today, but the Olympics is really distracting me. Lol.

I am half way through the next chapter so I might complete and post soon, I don't know still, but while you wait....

1) Do you guys watch the Olympics?

2) Which country are you guys cheering on?

Let me know! ;)
Until next update...
Laters baby
Xoxo
Juju